Ota Hd

tkorcal

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 27, 2006
Grand Rapids, Michigan
I live in Grand Rapids, Mi where E* doesn't offer locals in HD, though at least 3 stations broadcast in HD. Can I put up my own antenna to receive my locals in HD to just my HD TV? If so how do I run my cable for this? Thanks in advance!! I currently only have a 322 connected to this TV.

Never had a 322 but if its like any of the others the receiver has an input for both the dish and an antenna. It will add the channel to the rest of the lineup. But... I dont think you will get program information unless you subscribe to the locals via Dish. All this should be in the manual with more specifics on how to do it and such, and will help you the most.

And... if you just want to test it out use a regular pair of rabbit ears. If the towers are relatively close it will pick up the signals. Go to antennaweb.org to see how close they are.

The 322 is not an HD receiver, although it has an rf input, it is a pass through so channels will not be added to the receiver. If the tv has an HD tuner, you will have to run the coax directly to that tuner input. Check out antennaweb.org and input your zip for info about what you would need as far as type of equpment and suggested wiring.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)