OTA Installation

Hawk88

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Jul 19, 2007
USA
I am thinking of adding an OTA antenna to my setup. I have 2 622's and another TV using a 322 that I would like to use it on. Problem is all these are using a Dish Seperator. How can I allow these tv's us them without running a new wire? The tv with the 322, I will use the tv's tuner. Thanks.

You could diplex the OTA signal into the Satellite signal but with 3 targets, you must diplex between the switch and the receiver and this introduces complexities. You will have to run the coax from the antenna to a splitter and then diplex each of the splits into the three sat cables.

It will probably be easier and more successful to run fresh RG-6 to each TV. Depending on the configuration and quality of the OTA splitter, you will loose up to 7.5dB of signal to at least 2 of the sites, thats 1/4 of the original signal, so a pre-amp might be in order unless your OTA towers are nearby. I have a similar situation and I used a Winegard HDP-269 pre-amp which works even with one station 2.5 miles from my antenna.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts