OTA installed by D*, but not setup on receiver?!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ajbuster

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2006
Hey Everyone,
On Friday DirectTV reps came out and did my movers install at my new location and at the same time did my upgrade to the DirecTV HD DVR service. They were here about 2 hours and I thought they had it all setup when they left, but I found out later that the OTA antenna they installed (we need one to get the locals in HD here in Fargo) is not setup! I don't get the locals in HD, and when I try to go to the Menu | Help & Settings | Setup | Sat & Antenna, the option for "Antenna Setup" is disabled. Any idea what I need to do to get the local HD's to show up? Thanks,

ajbuster

PS: The HD DVR receiver is the new one from D* I believe.

Funny the rep didn't know that when he installed it. Any idea how soon it will be out?

ajbuster said:
Funny the rep didn't know that when he installed it. Any idea how soon it will be out?
My installer today Swore the OTA is working, until we went thru the set up prosses, still couldn't figure it out. I told him it wasn't going to work. He then figured out that I knew what I was talking about .....
Also didn't know that the remote would work on RF, I set that up after he left.

Jimbo

So the standard remote used by the HR20 will do RF with this box? I was about to go to Best Buy tonight to get a repeater. Can you confirm it is the normal DirecTV remote that you are using?

ajbuster said:
So the standard remote used by the HR20 will do RF with this box? I was about to go to Best Buy tonight to get a repeater. Can you confirm it is the normal DirecTV remote that you are using?

If it is the RC24, then yes, it will do rf. If you have the RC32, then it is ir only.

Thanks Chip! Do you need any antenna on the HR20 or does it support the RF remote natively? The help guide didn't seem to offer much help on this...

Never mind...went home at noon and set it up w/ no problems. Funny that the techs who did the install said I'd have to go to Best Buy and buy a repeater to get it to work! They also didn't know the HR20 isn't working with OTA channels at this point, so I'm not surprised.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)