OTA Issue on a Joey

Peter Parker

Formerly Geronimo
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Lifetime Supporter
Sep 9, 2003
For some time now I have been frustrated by the fact that I cannot watch Decades on a set connected to Joey. Today a new station added it. Guess what the same situation exists on the new station.

For some time now I have been frustrated by the fact that I cannot watch Decades on a set connected to Joey. Today a new station added it. Guess what the same situation exists on the new station.
Weird. I think you and I are in the same DMA. Where can Decades be found? I'll try it on my J3 unless it's subscription only. I have AT250.

Reactions: charlesrshell
Weird. I think you and I are in the same DMA. Where can Decades be found? I'll try it on my J3 unless it's subscription only. I have AT250.
Decades has been at 31.5 for some time. It is now on 48.3.

Just a though, does the Joey have a favorites list setup by chance? All of my Dish receivers do to filter the informercial junk from the guide, and sometimes I forget to add the OTA stations to the lists of one or two receivers after doing a rescan.

Reactions: Foxbat
Rescan is in order. But I see it on my Hopper but not on my Joey. That is the mystery.
Just a though, does the Joey have a favorites list setup by chance? All of my Dish receivers do to filter the informercial junk from the guide, and sometimes I forget to add the OTA stations to the lists of one or two receivers after doing a rescan.
Try punching in the channel address from the Joey Remote. 0 4 8 3 should tune in ATSC channel 48.3 on your Joey.

No favorite list. The channel appears in the video but there is no audio or video.

Try punching in the channel address from the Joey Remote. 0 4 8 3 should tune in ATSC channel 48.3 on your Joey.
It does not matter how I tune to either 31.5 or 48.3. in both cases the Hopper and other tuners are fine. The Joey gets no video or audio

Last edited:
Well 31.5 seem to have gone away completely. I can now watch Decades on the Joey from 48.3. So all is right now in the world of OTA TV at my house.

Last edited:
Reactions: Foxbat and TheKrell
I wonder if 5.3 will also go dark. Weigel owns WDMW now and they may be noving their diginets there----or I amy be stirring the pot.

Just for fun
Or not....

Try tune hopper to the affected ota channel.
Go to joey.
Select tv/tuner activity (red button?).
Should show hopper on the affected ota chsnnel.
On joey select the tuner the ota is on.
Then select join tuner.

Curious if this will 'get you there'

Reactions: TheKrell
Just for fun
Or not....

Try tune hopper to the affected ota channel.
Go to joey.
Select tv/tuner activity (red button?).
Should show hopper on the affected ota chsnnel.
On joey select the tuner the ota is on.
Then select join tuner.

Curious if this will 'get you there'
I already got there. See post #11.

You got there by tuning to a different channel, not by using the Activity screen on the Joey to join a formerly functional 31.5 via the H3 first.

By the way, I see no guide on Decades... What's it about?
Decades is a classic TV type station. Oogiginally there were blocks for each Dcade but that seems to have broken down. A nice comapnion to MeTV I suppose.

Reactions: TheKrell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts