OTA - Las Vegas Fox 5 - Does signal need to be 100%?

006-00 is not on the scan OTA page because it is a satellite-delivered channel. It does not actually broadcast on, or map to, that channel number OTA.
You're right. I saw the antenna icon in front of it and assumed it was OTA but since it's a -00 makes sense its a sat channel.

Reactions: pattykay
So I did the update and it took less than 5 minutes - really? Went back to the Upgrade software page and tried it again and got the message "Your receiver already has the latest software installed U238." This is HWS, is there really a U239?

WOW!!! I figured it out!! When I scan for locals I get 67 channels on the list. I deleted all but 14 and backed out of menu (still no save button). Went to edit favorites channel list and Fox 5-01, 02 and 03 were on the list! Added to favorites and they are now on the guide and working.

WOW!!! I figured it out!! When I scan for locals I get 67 channels on the list. I deleted all but 14 and backed out of menu (still no save button). Went to edit favorites channel list and Fox 5-01, 02 and 03 were on the list! Added to favorites and they are now on the guide and working.

So was it the software update that fixed it? Or hitting “back” after the scan?

So was it the software update that fixed it? Or hitting “back” after the scan?
It said I had the latest sw already. What fixed it was deleting all but 14 of the found channels on the scan OTA page. I guess it can only handle a certain number before it gets screwed up. I had 67 channels found.

It said I had the latest sw already. What fixed it was deleting all but 14 of the found channels on the scan OTA page. I guess it can only handle a certain number before it gets screwed up. I had 67 channels found.
I don't know for sure what the limit is, but I have never hit it. One time I had a glitch where instead of my list of channels, the OTA scan page showed something like "0 of 255 channels." So perhaps the limit is 255. (I never actually had that many channels scanned in. My current list has 39 channels.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts