OTA listings on 622 channel guide

Pakbackr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Someone on the D* boards said that the 622 doesn't provide programming details for OTA channels in the guide. Is this true? I am scheduled to make the switch from D* to E* on Saturday. Since two of my primary HD locals here in Raleigh (WRAL 5 & WRAZ 50) are only available via OTA, not having their programming in the guide like I have it now with D* HD Tivo, would be an issue for me.

Someone on the D* boards said that the 622 doesn't provide programming details for OTA channels in the guide. Is this true? I am scheduled to make the switch from D* to E* on Saturday. Since two of my primary HD locals here in Raleigh (WRAL 5 & WRAZ 50) are only available via OTA, not having their programming in the guide like I have it now with D* HD Tivo, would be an issue for me.

If you subscribe to your local SD channels the guide info for Hd will also show up.

If you subscribe to your local SD channels the guide info for Hd will also show up.

That's what I was trying to tell him in the DirecTV forum.
For example, Dish does not offer any kind of locals where I live, I have to get them OTA, so if I were to get the VIP622, I would not get guide data, this is how I understand it.

This is a dumb move by Dish, it is the only thing stopping me from switching from DirecTV.

Also - I find that only the information for the "primary" subchannel shows up. For instance, our local ABC Ch 23 b'casts 3 subchannels (24.1, 24.2, and 24.3 which is actually the local FOX channel). In the EPG I only see the information for Ch 23 (the SD version) mapped down from the sat. feed, and 24.1 (which is the HD version of what's showing in SD) on 23.1. 23.2 and 23.3 show only "Digital Service", IIRC...

Also - I find that only the information for the "primary" subchannel shows up. For instance, our local ABC Ch 23 b'casts 3 subchannels (24.1, 24.2, and 24.3 which is actually the local FOX channel). In the EPG I only see the information for Ch 23 (the SD version) mapped down from the sat. feed, and 24.1 (which is the HD version of what's showing in SD) on 23.1. 23.2 and 23.3 show only "Digital Service", IIRC...

That is being taken care of, the last few uplink reports have shown subchannel data. It was activated in Rochester yesterday! Check out yesterday's uplink report
http://www.satelliteguys.us/showthread.php?t=88237

Just had my E* equipment installed yesterday, and all my local OTA channel guides are complete except two which repeatedly say "Digital Service". Those two channels just happen to be my local CBS and FOX affiliates which are not yet included in E*'s local HD line-up in Raleigh. So this implies that the digital OTA channel line up is linked to E*'s HD local listings, not the SD (which I also get). This is very frustrating!

Just got back from church and my "digital service" on my local CBS and Fox has now been replaced with real guide info. One problem solved! Now if I can just stop losing my OTA signals (739 error code) periodically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts