OTA Module Question

nrich239

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 18, 2009
Raleigh
Hey guys,
I sent up my parents with a dish system a couple of years ago now and they love it.

They're looking at finally getting an HDTV and I couldn't find the specific information about the OTA module for the 222k.

The live in DE and their "locals" are from Philly but they switch over to regular antenna for the local news and whatnot.

If they upgrade to the 222k and get the OTA module, will the local DE OTA channels show up in the guide with the philly channels from sat or will they continue to have to switch on/off?

IF they can scan the OTA channels they will be in the guide they may not have programming information but they should appear in the guide as digital programming.

Funny thing--I live in the Flint, Michigan DMA and receive channel 5/HD (NBC) both OTA and through Dish. I also get channel 6/HD (NBC) from the Lansing DNA OTA. I get full guide info for channel 6 on my 622 but only "Digital Service" in the guide from my 722. When I 1st noticed this a couple months ago I thought either a rescan of locals or a fresh guide download would get the 722 to show the info but neither was or has been successful. :confused: Strange. Guess I should be grateful it's there on the 622. I get all the info on channel 5 both from OTA and Dish, of course.

Ed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts