OTA Module

ERSanders

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Mar 3, 2004
Fairport, NY
I have the original OTA module and think it may be marginal or poor. I HAVE DONE the FCC rescan several times in ZIP 14450 and cannot connect with all of the UHF and VHF stations 8-12 miles away using an seven foot high first floor indoor antenna supposedly good for up to 50 miles. BTW I live on a hill in the highest point of the country so obstruction should not be an issue. Any ideas since I think we will have a locals dispute in the near future?
upload_2019-8-5_11-18-9.jpeg

That's similar to what I'm doing rn for our Meredith dispute but I bought a new dual-tuner dongle. You will have to move the antenna around and keep on keeping on re-scanning until you can get a compromise of channels; no matter what I do (amplifier on or off, height, location) or what direction I point the antenna in (recommended is at the transmitters but that isn't optimal for me) I can't get them all at once. Like yours, mine is designed for UHF as well and doesn't pick up anything high-VHF. I can get an average 92 signal on our blacked out CBS affiliate (which is transmitting on channel 17) but if I walk around the house or it rains, forget about it.

I was lucky enough to get one of those emails from Dish for a free antenna install a few months back and they're actually coming out next weekend. I'm glad because it doesn't look like Meredith and Dish are talking

That's similar to what I'm doing rn for our Meredith dispute but I bought a new dual-tuner dongle. You will have to move the antenna around and keep on keeping on re-scanning until you can get a compromise of channels; no matter what I do (amplifier on or off, height, location) or what direction I point the antenna in (recommended is at the transmitters but that isn't optimal for me) I can't get them all at once. Like yours, mine is designed for UHF as well and doesn't pick up anything high-VHF. I can get an average 92 signal on our blacked out CBS affiliate (which is transmitting on channel 17) but if I walk around the house or it rains, forget about it.

I was lucky enough to get one of those emails from Dish for a free antenna install a few months back and they're actually coming out next weekend. I'm glad because it doesn't look like Meredith and Dish are talking
I've moved the antenna multiple times and all stations are within 45 degrees orientation. You may have a point about high VHF insensitivity issue. My signal strengths go from zero (obviously) to a max of 70.

I ordered my OTA module from Dish last week and it works great - but I have an antenna in my attic. I'm getting all the channels that TV Fool said I would get. What's funny is the "locals" that Dish provides are not really local to where I live. After the dispute I just dropped my locals package - I can't pull in FOX or ABC on my antenna. If they ever resolve it I'll prob the add the package back, but I'm not holding my breath.

I ordered my OTA module from Dish last week and it works great - but I have an antenna in my attic. I'm getting all the channels that TV Fool said I would get. What's funny is the "locals" that Dish provides are not really local to where I live. After the dispute I just dropped my locals package - I can't pull in FOX or ABC on my antenna. If they ever resolve it I'll prob the add the package back, but I'm not holding my breath.

What antenna are you using? I have the CM4228 in my attic and get all the local channels. Channel 10 (Fox) does have some pixilations sometimes though. I am in South Alabama just across the border from Pensacola.

What antenna are you using? I have the CM4228 in my attic and get all the local channels. Channel 10 (Fox) does have some pixilations sometimes though. I am in South Alabama just across the border from Pensacola.

GE Pro 33685 -- I'm actually closer to the FOX affiliate in Ozark, AL. Even when I lived in Pensacola and Mobile, I could never get FOX 10 to come in. I'm going to check out that antenna you have and see what the difference is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)