OTA "New" episode recording timers on ViP 622

OTA "New" episode recording timers on ViP 622, no problem?

• I've set OTA recording timers for new episodes and have not lost any of these timers (No problem)

Votes: 35 66.0%
  • I've set OTA recording timers for new episodes and have lost 1 or 2 of these timers (Inconvenience)

Votes: 5 9.4%
  • I've set OTA recording timers for new episodes and have lost 3 or 4 of these timers (Problematic)

Votes: 3 5.7%
  • I've set OTA recording timers for new episodes and have lost >4 of these timers (Serious Issue)

Votes: 10 18.9%

• Total voters

Allin4greeN

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 13, 2005
Lancaster County
I'm interested in 622 users' experiences with regard to OTA "New" episode recording timers. Which statement most closely resembles your experience?

I set two recording timers last evening (looked good). Reviewed scheduled events today and they were both gone. Performed a soft reboot and they didn't reappear... This is after losing most, if not all, of my OTA recording timers last week.

It seems that this issue has failed to gain traction after several posts about it, so perhaps it is a) user error, b) impacting only a small group of 622's or locations, or c) a minor inconvenience that people can live with?

Please post your experiences. Thanks!

Other than the strange "guide glitch" overnight on Mon. Apr 24th, I've had no problems with OTA timers (all of our OTA timers except for The Simpsons are "new"). An we do a good amount of OTA timers.....

Bradtothebone said:
Since I set my "Sat Locals" mapdown preference to "SD Only," I've had zero problems. YMMV

Brad
Unfortunately, my mileage has varied. I've changed the mapdown preference, soft rebooted, hard rebooted, and still my OTA timers won't hold. They disappear with each nightly download...

I'm wondering if I can somehow disable the automatic download and manually force it once a week? At least then I would only have to reset my timers weekly...

So, I've finally broken down and given up on "new" episode OTA DVR timers working on my 622.

The manual OTA timers seem to be holding. I was trying to avoid going in that direction becuase of any shifting schedule problems that could arise but... Cost/benefit being what it is, I'll take the manual timers over SD from HD LiL's.

You need another choice saying:

"I can't set a friggen OTA timer for new episodes because Charlie is so friggen cheap he won't give me access to the friggen EPG info for my friggen OTA stations unless I subscribe to his friggen LiLs, which of friggen course I don't friggen need because my OTA has better friggen PQ than his down-rezzed friggen LiLs !!!!" :mad:

edit: Oh, I forgot......:D

I didn't have a problem until I set up two timers a day ahead for Lost and Invasion. We record the ABC programs OTA - ABC is our strongest OTA HD station - so we can record the CBS programs and watch American Idol at the same time. I got kind of upset when I went to start watching Lost and found that the recording wasn't there, so we ended up missing half of the program.

Learned my lesson - every evening I will program the nights recordings. It's not a good thing to plan ahead.

I've had two 622's and have the dissappearing/re-appearring OTA timers since day one. Have to check the guide EVERY day and if they're all there, I leave the unit on until after all have fired. If I turn it off, there is no assurance that they will be there to record at the appropriate time. This is very aggravating...I wish they would hurry up and fix this MAJOR bug...

I'm anxiously awaiting 9pm EST, when my first "manual" OTA DVR timer should be firing on "Scrubs," NBC/WCAU 10.1

From the schedule, it still looks like it'll be A-OK... can't wait to find out :rolleyes:

waltinvt said:
You need another choice saying:

"I can't set a friggen OTA timer for new episodes because Charlie is so friggen cheap he won't give me access to the friggen EPG info for my friggen OTA stations unless I subscribe to his friggen LiLs, which of friggen course I don't friggen need because my OTA has better friggen PQ than his down-rezzed friggen LiLs !!!!" :mad:
:D Ayuh... that's a pretty accurate translation of my current frustration...

Oops, looks like I just waxed poetic there...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts