OTA not picking up any channels

thebert99

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2007
I've got a 722. I am trying to hook up my antenna to the OTA jack on the box, but when I scan for channels, the box doesn't see anything. I know that the channels exist because I can hook the antenna directly into the TV and receive all the OTA channels broadcast in my area. I've called Dish tech support, but they are not helpful at all. They just tell me to get a better antenna, but I know that the antenna is sufficient to pick up the channels. Please help.

Menu...6...Analogue Type...Off Air. It's apparently set to cable. Also be sure you are connected to Over The Air Antenna, not remote antenna.

I've also noticed that the OTA tuner in my 722 isn't as good as the one in the tv itself. The ones that I can get through the 722 are very touchy, and it doesn't take much to knock them out. The tv itself doesn't have any problems keeping a signal.

The front of the box will have the ViP722k model name instead of ViP722. At the back, the k's OTA input is a separate module that can be unscrewed and slid out.

Menu...6...Analogue Type...Off Air. It's apparently set to cable. Also be sure you are connected to Over The Air Antenna, not remote antenna.

I double-checked this, and I am connected to the correct input. I cannot find this Analog Type option that you speak of. Under Menu 6, I see an option 9 for Local Channels, but that basically just lets me scan for them.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts