OTA on Vip 211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

knisskid

Original poster
Mar 8, 2006
I recently upgraded to the 211 from the 811 and am having some problems with receiving digital locals via off air antenna.
I am able to receive 2 digital off-air signals. My 811 received and locked onto both of them, but the 211 receives both but only locks onto one.
The channels are at transmit #'s 7 and 24. Channel 7 is ABC and channel 24 is PBS. When I try to add local digital the 211 will find and lock on 24 with a signal strength of 58-64. But channel 7's signal strength is 81-84 but will not lock on. I even switched my 811 back in to see if the signal had changed but it locked on right away.
I called C.S. and they sent me a new 211...same problem.
Any ideas?

I don't have any VHF channels but I know sometimes when I change the channel to a UHF OTA channel it will be a blank screen and then the screen that says that it cannot lock on the digital channel pops up for a couple of seconds and then it locks and brings the channel up. There have been times when it does this but doesn't lock even when I go to the add local channels screen and manually type the channel in and there is good signal strenght. Weird, I know but who knows. Maybe it has something to do with it being VHF. Hopefully someone else will chime in that has VHF OTA that could help you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts