OTA on VIP722K and VIP211K

Just an update...I've had enough of pixelation issues on CBS that I installed an antenna booster since I'm splitting to two TV's. It did help with the signal strength, but something strange is happening...when I first tune to CBS, the receiver is showing 87-89 on signal strength but after I watch the channel for an extended time, if I select the channel to check signal strength it's around 70-72.

So, do I need a pre-amp for the antenna or a different antenna? I have the channel master STEALTHtenna that receives signals from up to 50 miles within a 90-degree radius. My towers are 19 miles away.

I'm 12 miles from the translators here (563w, 1.86 KW, and others at 5 KW), all LOS and gives me 99-100%. I do use a high gain yagi and the Channel Master booster which is probably over kill.

Just an update...I've had enough of pixelation issues on CBS that I installed an antenna booster since I'm splitting to two TV's. It did help with the signal strength, but something strange is happening...when I first tune to CBS, the receiver is showing 87-89 on signal strength but after I watch the channel for an extended time, if I select the channel to check signal strength it's around 70-72.

So, do I need a pre-amp for the antenna or a different antenna? I have the channel master STEALTHtenna that receives signals from up to 50 miles within a 90-degree radius. My towers are 19 miles away.
A better antenna is probably your cure. You could also try another piece of RG-6 to temporarily replace the cable to the 211. I have seen where a bad cable can affect a single frequency.

What antenna would you suggest?
Mediasonic homeworx HW-27UV. I have it 63 miles from DFW capturing 80+ channels without amplifiers. Runs about $25-30 on ebay with shipping about 3 ft. long. Full VHF & UHF channel capability. At 19 miles from Cedar Hill exactly what city are you located in?

Looks like Boba has given you a pretty good antenna for 80 miles. I dont think most sites will tell you the company and model but it goes by color guide. I like this site too.

http://www.antennaweb.org/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts