OTA pblm since 2.3 update

richard_rd

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
Was there any changes made to the OTA tuning software with the 2.3 update. I live on top of a mountain with clear LOS 7 miles away from my OTA towers which are all located on the same peak within a few hundered yards of each other. I have always got a signal trength of between 97-98 on all four major networks ABC/CBS/NBC/FOX since i had VOOM installed 4 months ago.

Ever since i got my software update to 2.3 a few days ago i now have pblms with fox 56-1. I get severe pixelization on it, like every frame has 20-40% pixel corruption. the subchannel on fox 56-2 does the same thing. We also had a strong wind storm the other day so i don't know if it was the storm or the SW update that is causing the issue.

I don't think the storm moved my dish at all because i still get a 96% on the Sat signal, and my ABC/CBS/NBC are still at 97-98%. The one thing i notice now is that FOX is now at 99%, i think it used to be at 97-98%. I also have a thread on a "Northeast PA HDTV forum" and noone else has reported any pblms with fox, just me.

Could the siganl be too strong at 99%, the antenna that was installed by the voom installer is the standard one i belive, looks like a directional wing type and it is pointed at the peak with the four towers that are close together.

So i don't know if this is an OTA antenna issue or a pblm with the 2.3 update since the wind storm came through my area on the same morning that i received my update.

Does Voom have the ability to put my STB back too the old software so i can see if this is a software or OTA antenna issue. Any sugestions would be appreciated.

I got an OTA problem fixed, go figure. Have you tried the professional menu to check signal strength. See the main assistrance threads for details in Voom Help Desk forum.

OTA problem with 2.3 upgrade

I received the v.2.3 software change this past week and one ota channel that had been very strong (97) now registers in the 70 range and I get the "no signal received" message on for that station.. The tower is only 2.3 miles distant, and the only thing that has changed is the software upgrade (or is it downgrade).

I keep trying to tweak the setting hoping there is something new in the software that needs to be redone. Nothing yet has worked.

Since you had a storm I would check to see if the wind might have moved the wing a bit. Just a few degrees will affect the singnal the STB receives. The one thing I have found out is the new firmware has changed how fast I'll get info after a reboot. Before it only took an hour or under. Now! It takes about 12.:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts