OTA PreAmp w/ DPP

BigShowJoe

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 22, 2005
Can I diplex an ota antenna with a pre-amp and a dish pro plus lnb? I know I can diplex just the antenna but my question is, is the pre-amp going to cause problems with the antenna or the sat signal? If no problem, then once inside, do I put the combined line into the power injector or just the antenna line after diplexing back into two?

BigShowJoe said:
Can I diplex an ota antenna with a pre-amp and a dish pro plus lnb? I know I can diplex just the antenna but my question is, is the pre-amp going to cause problems with the antenna or the sat signal? If no problem, then once inside, do I put the combined line into the power injector or just the antenna line after diplexing back into two?

The preamp will NOT cause problems with the sat signal. Make sure you amp the antenna line BEFORE going into the diplexor. Always place the AMP closest to antenna as possible.

BigShowJoe said:
I think your question is really can I send voltage from the satellite receiver and from the preamp power supply on the same cable? No you can't but the voltage from the satellite receiver may be able to handle the needs of the pre amp. You would need a voltage passing diplexer at the pre amp and a voltage blocking diplexer at the receiver. You don't use the pre amp power supply. :)

boba said:
I think your question is really can I send voltage from the satellite receiver and from the preamp power supply on the same cable? No you can't but the voltage from the satellite receiver may be able to handle the needs of the pre amp. You would need a voltage passing diplexer at the pre amp and a voltage blocking diplexer at the receiver. You don't use the pre amp power supply. :)

Thanks. So what you are saying is that the 24VDC that the Satellite receiver sends to the LNB will also give the preamp enough power??

E* receivers do not output 24VDC.

It's about 20VDC at the back of the receiver, and whether it will work or not depends on several factors - most important being what voltage the preamp is expecting.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts