ota problem. help

colinbarton

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 31, 2005
davis, ca
i have a 942 and the over the air signal i am getting from my previous ota voom antenna is fadding in and out. the signal comes in at 65%. with the voom tuner the ota was OK, but marginal. will a signal amplifer alone solve the problem or should i go to a while new antenna set up? i also have a new sony wega (55"). should i hook up my ota signal to that?

What kind of antenna do you have? Are you sure it's not amplified?
If it is an amplified antenna (as most antennas shipped by VOOM were), then you need to have a power supply for it.

The amplifier is usually built-in. You won't see it.
What was your VOOM configuration? Did you have a diplexer attached to the back of the box? Was there a multi-switch or a diplexer on the roof? And what has been changed in your configuration since then?

currenly the signal is fed through a single cable and split at the 942. i don't remember how the voom receiver was set up. it is different. the signal is being split 3 ways instead of 2. looks like one for voom, one for dish and one for ota. the antenna is the channel master 3010 stealth it is suppose to work for 40 miles. i am 25 miles.

Stealth was usually shipped with a built-in pre-amp and it required voltage either through a standalone power-inserter or via the diplexer.
That 3-way "splitter" might be causing some problems too. Hard to say without looking.

L2.52 now spooling for 522s and 625s

Is the pan (refector) different from 121 and 105?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts