OTA problems with Vip211

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jtrippe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 28, 2006
Wetumpka, Alabama
I've got a Vip211 and use a Terk HDTVi (I'm switching to a CM 4228 around x-mas) for my locals here in Montgomery(36117). I get great reception through the 211 on all channles and they got even stronger when I added a CM 7777 pre-amp. However, I used to get my local Fox station at 72% strength. That all changed about a month ago. Now, the signal comes in at 35% and then drops out. I tried troubleshooting like soft and hard resets and that didn't bring it back. I called the station and they said everything was o.k. with thier signal. I tried taking the amp off completely. Those who have other OTA receivers in my area get the Fox station just fine while all of us with any Vip receiver have lost a signal that we used to get. (Even with other antennas such as the 4228). The signal just won't lock on. It used to be there and my troubleshooting leads me to beleive there is an issue with the 211. I called Dish and, of course, they weren't much help. Does anyone know of problems with the 211 all-of-the-sudden not being able to get a signal that it used to get? Does any one know what the issue might be? If it's not the antenna and not the local station then it has to be the 211. Anyone know a fix?

Update

Several people in my area have contacted the local Fox and they still maintain that there isn't a problem. Since i posted this issue on my local AVS forum several members have complained of the same issues. In addition, several new people have joined to complain about the same issue. We still don't know what the heck is going on. Anyone know of a fix for the vips? Could it be a firmware problem?

richiephx said:
I am unable to get my OTA Fox channel in the Phoenix area. I get a good strong signal on all the other digital channels except FOX.

Hey Richie I am a 211 user in ahwatukee and I get fox 10 with a signal of about 87% but I also get FOX 11 out of Tucson with a 70% signal. I am using a RadioShack UHF Model: U-75R | Catalog #: 15-2160 mounted on a 20 foot pole. I was suprised to see so many Tucson OTA's picked up with the antenna pointed towards the south mountain antenna farm since the antennaweb.org site shows them in the opposite direction. One thing I noticed is these digital ota signals seem to be very directional, if I move my antenna just a little bit I loose signal strength but that could also be due to my location at the base of the mountain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts