No dish 1000

Billnut

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 6, 2004
Recently called to restart my account and was told that where I live (central NJ), that I am too far in the north east to use a dish 1000 (super dish). They are going to install 2 separate dishes. Not that I really mind but has anyone heard of that before? Is there any thing better or worse about 1 dish or 2?

Thanks
Bill

First, a dish 1000 and a super dish are two different things. The two dish setup will probably be better for you. There are numerious problems with getting a good signal on the 129 satellite with a Dish 1000. As long as you don't mind two dishes you should have a great signal on all and be good to go.

It sounds right to me. The 2 dish setup tends to get better reception but it cost Dish more to setup (doesn't cost you more). You should have less rain fade with the 2 dish system. I know 129 sat. doesn't hit parts of the North East.

Dish may not like me saying this but the Dish 1000 is a freaking crapshoot for the 129 signal.

Then again their own 2 guys on the Tech chat back in August said the 129 satellite performance was disappointing.

You're better off with the 61.5.

rich88 said:
Dish may not like me saying this but the Dish 1000 is a freaking crapshoot for the 129 signal.

Then again their own 2 guys on the Tech chat back in August said the 129 satellite performance was disappointing.

You're better off with the 61.5.
I wish I could get my hands on one of those intercontinental ballistic missilies and aim it for that POS 129 sat and blow it right to Jupiter....
Yes, the two dish set up is much better.....Go for it..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts