OTA Problems

poppasnoop

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 6, 2007
Over the last few days, my OTA reception has decreased markedly. I am in Providence, RI and was able to pull in all of the Providence and Boston locals:D.
Now, I can only get 3 out of 8 Providence stations and only PBS out of Boston:(. I have two VIP622's (software version 405) sharing and antenna. Also, the delay between choosing a channel with the remote and the switch can occasionally take up to 8 seconds. Any suggestions?

4.05 has been out for a number of weeks or more and unless you've updated to 4.06 or 4.09, any OTA problems that all of a sudden started occurring are more likely the fault of the TV stations, your antenna, or cabling, NOT the receiver.

Make sure what version you're running.

Have you had bad weather lately? The connectors on your antenna cable may have corroded and reduced the signal. Exercise them and seal them with some silicone grease or similar.

You did not tell us what equipment you have so this is all speculation.

There have been a lot of problems with OTA in Providence. 6.1 drops out a lot, this has been a problem since the fix on 10.1 and 6.1 tower.

12.1 and 64.1 lost there mapping for awhile. you can find them on their digital channel numbers.

Take a look at Providence, RI - HDTV - AVS Forum for updates.

Ken

It does not appear to be a weather related problem. All of my locals strength decreased by about 10-15% uniformly. I hooked the same antenna to the HD tuner with my computer, and it had better results.

The stations changed something on their end. Your one receiver is not to blame. The reason your tuner card is okay is because it is different hardware and software and handles the change better. This happens all the time when stations upgrade a piece of hardware or update some software on a device.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)