OTA Question

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

lsh1885

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Apr 6, 2004
Orlando, Florida
Yesterday I hooked up an outside antenna to my 811 so I could get digital locals. After scanning, some of the channels have incomplete info on the guide. Most of them just say under program name "Digital Locals" and some just list the digital number with no station call letters "41-1". Is there a way to change the channel names manually so other people who are watching will know what channels they are watching.

Yes, there is a way to add "ABC", etc. to the channels but I don't remember how. It describes how to in the 811's manual.

Instead of allowing the Receiver to Scan for channels,
if you
ADD DTV of digital station or something like that then it will ask for the UHF station number, once it locks, you can save it and assign a 4 character name to it such as KXXX or whatever

menu 6-1-5.. ADD DTV

Since my original post all but one channel are now being displayed properly by the guide. I'll try to add the other one using the method you describe. Thanks!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts