OTA Question

For a while, I used to have one of my antennas ground mounted to get the basic channels. Until it became my hobby. Antenna’s are foolproof to mount/setup, so you shouldn’t be scared. When I quit Dish Network in 2015, It took me less than an hour to set it up. You can do it!!!
IMG_3621.JPG

I appreciate the suggestion but I really don't see myself up on the roof and then getting everything else in order.

I can try that but judging from the results I got from the indoor antenna I think I need height. Which antenna did you use in the picture you posted?

I can try that but judging from the results I got from the indoor antenna I think I need height. Which antenna did you use in the picture you posted?

I have a AntennasDirect Clearstream 2V. The antenna makes a HUGE difference even if it’s ground mounted outside. Inside I have about 30 watchable channels while outside I have 70 watchable channels

Mostly everyone I've spoken to still says at least 20 ft. high is needed. But given the price and the fact places like Walmart takes things back pretty easily it might be worth a shot. Thanks!

Reactions: Phalaenopsis
Why not get a DVR?

I don’t really see the need for a backup cable service unless you got a sports bar and make your money showing sporting events.

My tv goes out I either go look to see what’s on the DVR or go on the computer

I've found OTA very useful during storms. Here in the Great Plains, severe storms and tornadoes are a big deal in the spring and summer. When satellite goes out, it's very important to have a backup. It could mean the difference between life and death, especially if you can't hear the tornado sirens.

OTA is great here even though Dish is getting a lot of our diginets, as well as some we do not have OTA (Grit & Buzzr). But we have Comet, Stadium, Decades, Qwest, PBS+, PBS Kids and those aren't on Dish (as yet).

Reactions: pattykay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)