OTA Receiver

cableghost

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 29, 2005
I have dish network service w/ a standard tuner/receiver.

If I want to integrate an OTA tuner/receiver into my system to start receiving local HD channels, will that require a different function on a universal remote control? Meaning, will I need to press the STB button to flip through the STB channels and then press another button to flip through the local channels I am getting through the OTA tuner/receiver?

Is there a way to integrate both tuners/receivers into one or something?

Well, if you were to get a 2nd ota tuner, that was hooked through your TV, you would change imputs and use a different remote...

However if you were to get a HD dish box, the dish channels and the HD channels would be together, all on one remote, if that makes any sense.

someone correct me if im wrong!

Thanks, that does make sense. Though I can't believe everyone out there that has a different OTA tuner is using 2 remotes (or hardware buttons on one remote) to flip through all the different channels.

I recall that there's a remote that could learn channels from no matter what tuner or antenna was picking up the signal, as a matter of fact, I thought you could do this directly through the dish network system.

You can, but you would need to use like the AUX button etc to change the mode, to change channels, as using it by itself in 'sat' mode, you would be changing the receiver!

Okay, switching gears...outside of Dish Network's own HD receiver (Dish 811), what other brand of HD receiver could I purchase that would work directly w/ my dish service? Please be specific, as I am a novice at this, as if that wasn't apparent already :)

921, and 942, being the 942 the newer receiver , and depending on who you ask which receiver is better, but they are both pricy, talking $500ish on the 921 and $632 on the 942 from dishstore.net :/

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)