OTA reception on VIP622

comcastsucks

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 30, 2007
I am having a problem with picking up OTA channels on my VIP622 receiver. I have a VIP 211 receiver using the same antenna and no problems. Further I am using a splitter on the 622 for FM and get excellent FM reception. Also, If I plug the feed I am using for the 622 OTA directly into the TV I get excellent reception.

This tells me the signal is good in the cable, but for some reason the 622 won't recognize any OTA channels.

The 622 also feeds TV2 via 'Air' (a third TV..not the one using the 211). There is some discussion of this in the manual but even if I turn off the TV2 feed..same thing..not OTA on the 622,

Anyone else who has had this issue or know of the soltuion?

Thanks in advance

Also check & see if you have ota listed under Hdtv setup; menu 6 , then 8. If you don't you won't see any ota to scan. I have had cable listed before and couldn't understand why I couldn't scan for ota.

Also check & see if you have ota listed under Hdtv setup; menu 6 , then 8. If you don't you won't see any ota to scan. I have had cable listed before and couldn't understand why I couldn't scan for ota.

Mike D is 'da Man! That did it. I had "Cable" instead of "Off Air"

Thanks! Have a beer on me..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts