OTA reception problem & backfeed possibility?

Bumping this for more ideas. Was watching the Bengals/Jets game today and had breakups and couple yellow screen "loss of signal". Went to my TV OTA reception and it was fine.

It has been my experience that dish ota is far more sensitive to multipath than my tv tuners. I ended up pointing my antenna differently because of that. Now the channel I had 95 signal on that broke up all the time is perfect at 75 signal.

Bumping this for more ideas. Was watching the Bengals/Jets game today and had breakups and couple yellow screen "loss of signal". Went to my TV OTA reception and it was fine.

Were you watching OTA from satellite first?
Then you went to OTA from the sat receiver or direct OTA?

What was the signal on the receiver when it broke up?

Reactions: charlesrshell
Jeff-

Watching OTA through the sat receiver (using 612's on board OTA tuner). When I started watching, the signal was ~75 (I think). I did not go to the signal strength when it cut out. When it cut out, I tuned my TV to the OTA channel and just watched the rest of the game on that.

One thing I forgot to mention... the NBC that I was watching the football game on Saturday is broadcast on ch. 39. They share a transmission antenna with the local ABC... the ABC is on ch. 40. The ABC does put out more power than the NBC. Do the Dish tuners handle adjacent channels well?

Real channels

One thing I forgot to mention... the NBC that I was watching the football game on Saturday is broadcast on ch. 39. They share a transmission antenna with the local ABC... the ABC is on ch. 40. The ABC does put out more power than the NBC. Do the Dish tuners handle adjacent channels well?

Are you sure that they are real channels 39 & 40? That would cause co-channel interference.

Are you sure that they are real channels 39 & 40? That would cause co-channel interference.
Yes. They are real channels 39 & 40, coming from the same transmission antenna. Keep in mind, many reception areas (including the headend for Dish LiL), including my two HDTVs handle the two signals just fine.

filters

Yes. They are real channels 39 & 40, coming from the same transmission antenna. Keep in mind, many reception areas (including the headend for Dish LiL), including my two HDTVs handle the two signals just fine.

They must have done a really good job of filtering in the transmitter building to get them to work together. Please PM me your zip code I'd like to see the area (run a tv freq. & google map).

I sent you the PM. The filtering apparently took some work to get right. The two stations transmitters are in the same room, and all the "plumbing" up above combines the two before going up the transmission line up to the antenna.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts