OTA recording issues

whitenerj

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 7, 2011
Texas
i noticed my first OTA recordings which occurred today had skips in the audio every 2 seconds. It only happened on the OTA recordings. Also when searching for a program to record the default and only choice is the OTA channel. Anyway to default to the satellite local?

Jason

Reactions: cummingsje
Search

Doing it by guide works but if I wanna search I don't want the OTA channel as my only choice.

Hmmm.... That's interesting. I wonder why it defaults to the OTA channel when you do a search. You would think it would always default to the satellite channel.

i noticed my first OTA recordings which occurred today had skips in the audio every 2 seconds. It only happened on the OTA recordings. Also when searching for a program to record the default and only choice is the OTA channel. Anyway to default to the satellite local?

Jason
Same thing here. I reported in the hopper problems thread. Hopefully a fix soon.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

i noticed my first OTA recordings which occurred today had skips in the audio every 2 seconds. It only happened on the OTA recordings.

I am having the same problem but I noticed the playback problem only occurs on the Hopper3 itself. When I play the OTA recording on a Joey 2.0 and Wireless Joey, the recording is smooth. Can anyone verify this?

// Scott A

Reactions: D. Manley
I am having the same problem but I noticed the playback problem only occurs on the Hopper3 itself. When I play the OTA recording on a Joey 2.0 and Wireless Joey, the recording is smooth. Can anyone verify this?

// Scott A

I noticed this the other day when watching a recorded show on the 4k Joey. Audio didn't skip but on the h3 it did.

Reactions: D. Manley

// Scott A
DIRT might find this very useful - they already have opened a "Known Issue" file on the OTA recording problems & your information could provide a clue.

Reactions: JSheridan
Happy to help. Are the known issues a forum or should I PM a DIRT member?

// Scott A
Dish techs are collecting "known issues" of which, the OTA problems are one as related to me by a DIRT member. Just contact one of the DIRT Team members via PM and explain your individual OTA (or other) issues in as much detail as possible. They will ensure the information is funneled where it needs to go.

Reactions: JSheridan