OTA scans

rogerpl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 7, 2007
Northern Vt.
Ongoing issue since digital conversion. After conversion I scan wth my 622 and usually get 15 channels but am missing sub channels 57.1 and 57.2. If I do another scan I get 57.1 and 57.2 but lose 33.2- 33.3 and 33.4. If I continue to rescan it just alternates between getting the 57s or the 33s. Signal strength is good on all channels. Any thoughts.

No work around I can see.
He is talking about go into the menu, go to locals, then click add locals, then go left over to transmit number. Go to the number that your missing channels are transmitting on. Wait to see if you get a signal, if so, click done, then done again.
The transmit # might not be the actual channel #. For example 33.1 might be transmitted on 42. You will have to know what number the missing channels are transmitted on. OR you can go up one by one until you see the missing channel number. It will show you the channel number below the transmit #.

After conversion, most stations were going to pump up the power of their digital stations. It sounds like 57 and 33 are interfering with each other. How strong is your signal? You may need to attenuate your signal strength or turn your antenna enough to eliminate the interference.

Signal strength for the 33s is 95 the 57s around 85. All of our locals transmit from the same location (SSE for me) except for the 57s which come from the west. It's just strange how i get 57.3 and all the 33s or i get 33.4 and all the 57s on alternate scans. So for now i choose the 33s. They are both PBS stations so there is a lot of the same programming.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts