OTA timers not working

KaptainRandom

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 6, 2013
mesa az
So, I just noticed today, the few ota timers I have are listed in timers but have no scheduled events. The ota channels and programming show in channel listings.
Futher, I tried to set a recording for an individual program on an ota. Even though the recording options all presented normally, the program guide did not place a record icon on the program in the listing.
I also tried rescanning ota channels and a soft reset (redbutton) and a hard reset (unplug power).

Hopper w/sling, S506

Known issue?
Resolution?
Thanx in advance for any help

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

There are other threads about this. There is a work around by creating manual timers. I've reposted that info in the other threads.

I've copied the info. I'm just reposting what someone else posted.
This is it
I've figured out what works for me. If I bring up the channel and program I want to record, I then press the record button three times. This brings up a screen giving a few options. Tab over and select 'manual timer' which then changes the screen again and hit create, after you have made any changes you want, like start/stop time.
If you don't tab over to the Manual Timer button at the bottom, this will not work.

Any other sequence will not work.

Reactions: zeugma42
I know this thread is a couple of months old but I had not run into this problem until recently. What is strange is I was able to set timers normally on my local
CW channel last season. This season I have to do the manual timer work around. I called Dish and the rep said she would send this to engineering but I am not holding my breath.

I hope that the next update will fix it ,but knowing DISH , the update will be some new added feature or stupid application that no one will ever use and we will still have NO name based recording on our ota sub channels.

I can't believe it's been nearly 6 months and this still isn't fixed
It seems like it's been ~6 months since a (semi-)major software update. Yes, there were 2-3 updates within a few weeks of each other but I think they revolved around fixing some other issue and then any side-effects that were broke. The OTA timer issue was simply not being dealt with in those updates.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)