OTA Transition affects on LiL

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
With all the remaining OTA Analog Locals switching over to Digital today, we should post any problems with our Locals being picked up as LiL.

For instance, in my area WGAL & WHP are switching their Digital channels back to their old Analog channels later today, so any problems will be if Dish is ready for that channel change or not.

Post any experiences you have with the changeover affecting your LiL's.

With all the remaining OTA Analog Locals switching over to Digital today, we should post any problems with our Locals being picked up as LiL.

For instance, in my area WGAL & WHP are switching their Digital channels back to their old Analog channels later today, so any problems will be if Dish is ready for that channel change or not.

Post any experiences you have with the changeover affecting your LiL's.

Had to rescan my locals (menu-6-9-scan). Several moved locations and until I scanned there was no signal.

In the Cleveland area, the only Dish local issue I've noticed so far has to do with WJW flash cutting from 31 back to 8. The old SD feed has a purple screen and the HD feed now just has a yellow screen. All of the other local "SD" feeds seem to be mirroring the digital feeds correctly, but cropped to 4x3.

It also looks like WOIO may have boosted their power a bit this morning. I was getting it with a 70 signal strength on my 211 around 9:00, and it is now bouncing between 80-90.

Had to rescan my locals (menu-6-9-scan). Several moved locations and until I scanned there was no signal.
Scaning the OTA Locals wasn't what I was referring to, I'm talking about the ones provided by Dish Network.
They have to contend with a lot of locals switching their digital feeds today, which will affect the Satellite provided SD & HD locals.

In the Cleveland area, the only Dish local issue I've noticed so far has to do with WJW flash cutting from 31 back to 8. The old SD feed has a purple screen and the HD feed now just has a yellow screen. All of the other local "SD" feeds seem to be mirroring the digital feeds correctly, but cropped to 4x3.
Hopefully they'll fix it quickly.
That's the kind of problem I was wondering about.

Problem in New Orleans

Dish is having a problem in the New orleans area with one of their feeds. Ota is fine, but throught the Dish new orleans locals, Channel 26 ABC has no video, and has the audio for channel cw 38. Called dish, the rep was quite knowledgeable and said dish was aware of the problem and actually they had a list of stations they are having problems with and hopefully if it wasnt fixed by sunday to call back and possibly call the station.
progress.gif
http://www.satelliteguys.us/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=1856053

I just got home and rescanned my 722 and it didn't find some channels. Storms this morning moved my antenna apparently. It was fun to go outside in the pitch black and move it back where it should be. My only problem now is our CBS station moved frequencies and now I have no guide data. Hope Dish updates the channel mapping, without having to email dishquality again.

Dish managed to successfully transition my local CBS & NBC which changed frequencies.
They did have an issue with Baltimore's NBC guide data, but that was fixed this morning.

Dish managed to successfully transition my local CBS & NBC which changed frequencies.
They did have an issue with Baltimore's NBC guide data, but that was fixed this morning.

Funny how you started a thread about LiL and everyone is talking about OTA. ;)

I have WCBS 2 from New York via LiL. For a while on the 12th, the SD sound was not from the show that was on at the time but a recorded message about how we might loose the channel if we didn't take action. It also said that if watching via cable or satellite to call them.

I also have the HD feed and there were no problems there.

It only lasted less than an hour from what I saw.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)