What do I need for HD

CupcakeKid

Original poster
Jun 7, 2009
Santa Rosa, Ca
Thinking about upgrading to HD. I'm a do-it-myself type of person. Would like to know what I have to do to install the HD dish.

Currently my Dish 500 is mounted between two buildings. What compass reading will the HD dish need to the sky? I'm in Santa Rosa, Ca 95407. Will I need an additional dish or is there one do-it-all dish?

Will I need to add another RG-6 to the house?

Is there somewhere on the web that give the install instruction for HD?

Thanks

If you already have E* service just replace your STB with an HD STB. Hook up with either HDMI or Component cables. You may have to get a wing dish for 129 or get a new 1000 dish to replace the D500. If you have local OTA, get an antenna for them.

You can either add an additional dish 500 with a single lnb pointed at 129 or get a 1000.2 dish that will receive 110, 119 and 129. With the additional dish 500 you would need a cable from the new dish to the input on the existing dish if it has a DPP lnb. With 1000.2 you can just use the existing cable to any of the three outputs on the lnb.

If you add a second dish 500 the azimuth would be 175 and if you go with the 1000.2 it would be 159.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts