OTA tuner and ext HDD on Hopper 3 issues

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

whatchel1

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 30, 2006
Great High Plains
Well I spent tons of time today talking to Dish net about the Hopper3. Found out that my issue w/the OTA tuner problem turning off is a known issue. That they have no fixes for the problem. They also have no fix for the unit not seeing my ext HDD. So I have a fancy DVR that is screwed up and which they have no fixes. So looks like it's a good thing I'm stuck w/the DTV DVR. That way I can get the LIL TV news. What gets to me is why it's synced to that particular time of day.

Just get another ota dongle. I had a new one arrive last week with my new Wally and it was so hot that it froze the picture after a few hours . I tried it on my Hopper 3 and it did the same thing. So I knew it was the dongle. I got a replacment from the online retailer I bought it from and it works fine. Just the way it is. They come from Malyasia and sometimes they run hot and sometimes they work well. When DISH says things like : " This is a known issue" ,they are just telling you that so you will feel that you are not alone in your problem ,but it is still your problem to solve. Solve your problem by changing out your ota dongle.

Reactions: charlesrshell

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)