Ota

MrD

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2007
Has anyone heard as to when they will release the OTA, so the receiver will automatically download any new channels that comes along!

OTA Channel and Firmware Updating has been operating in beta mode with select testers for several months on Galaxy25 and will be implemented into the new DVR unit that is ready to go into production during March.

What about those that have the Last years DVR receiver, will we be able to use the OTA on it?

Glorystar OTA updating is not terrestrial channel information. OTA -SSU is a programming format used for Over The Air updating of a DVB compliant receiver. Over the Air refers to the RF signal updating by either Satellite or Terrestrial instead of hardwired RS-232, USB or ethernet.

Do you have a list of cities that the OTA channel information currently works in?

Basic function such as channel updating should soon be available by manually accepting an update. Unfortunately the manufacturer lost the lead engineer on the project and was not able to provide Glorystar with the completed solution.
What about those that have the Last years DVR receiver, will we be able to use the OTA on it?

How about the Mercury II? Looking at getting my in-laws a system and I would like them to be able to have the autoupdate feature but I also want them to have the same receiver I have so I can help over the phone with issues.

The reason that we are developing the GEOSATpro DVR and DSR series is to support OTA-SSU. Fortec Star Mercury II does not have this ability to update channels and firmware via the satellite.

You will be able to see the onscreen video with rolling TV guide along with the EPG with any FTA receiver, but the EPG data will not be interactive and map to the appropriate channel. The Glorystar enabled GEOSATpro DVR1100c and the GEOSATpro DSR100c will be interactive for timer settings and map the EPG data to the correct channels.
Ok, thanks for the info.

If an EPG comes will that also only be supported on these newer receivers?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)