Ota?

M

Mike Hayden

Jan 31, 2005
I am thinking of making the switch from the other satellite company due to incompetence from customer support. My main questions: (1) does the DishNetwork HD DVR allow for input of an antenna for local HD channels and (2) if it does, does DishNetwork have a HD antenna they will sell/install with the system?

ats7627

ats7627

SatelliteGuys Pro
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 10, 2003
Mike,

The answer to both of your questions is YES. The model VIP622 receiver is a dual tuner HD DVR with a digital (ATSC) OTA tuner. You can record 2 satellite channels and a local HD channel at the same time.

Dog6869

Dog6869

SatelliteGuys Pro
May 28, 2004
New Orleans, LA
Help I am going to have my first install of Dish this Thursday. I am getting the VIP622 DVR and one DVR 625 for two rooms. I am getting the America's "Everything" Package.
I was told by the CSR that the install is free (I get the 50 bucks back on the first bill) I was also told that if the installer has to fish wires or install a box in my wall it all is covered in the install and I DO NOT have to pay extra. I hope that this is true!
Also I have a 18 month contract.. I was told that I did not need a OTA antenna to receive OTA channels in HD
I live in the New Orleans (Laplace) area and am an ex-voOmer.
I already have a channel master Antenna. Will that work? Is there anything else I should ask for or watch for? Any help would be very much appreciated!

G

garys

SatelliteGuys Master
I was told that I did not need a OTA antenna to receive OTA channels in HD
I live in the New Orleans (Laplace) area and am an ex-voOmer.
I already have a channel master Antenna. Will that work?

Yes, this should work. If it is still mounted, just hook the line to the input on the 622 and scan the channels. Note: you will only get the epg info if you subscribe to the local package. But the dvr features will still work and you can set manual timers.