Ota?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mike Hayden

Original poster
Jan 31, 2005
I am thinking of making the switch from the other satellite company due to incompetence from customer support. My main questions: (1) does the DishNetwork HD DVR allow for input of an antenna for local HD channels and (2) if it does, does DishNetwork have a HD antenna they will sell/install with the system?

Mike,

The answer to both of your questions is YES. The model VIP622 receiver is a dual tuner HD DVR with a digital (ATSC) OTA tuner. You can record 2 satellite channels and a local HD channel at the same time.

Help I am going to have my first install of Dish this Thursday. I am getting the VIP622 DVR and one DVR 625 for two rooms. I am getting the America's "Everything" Package.
I was told by the CSR that the install is free (I get the 50 bucks back on the first bill) I was also told that if the installer has to fish wires or install a box in my wall it all is covered in the install and I DO NOT have to pay extra. I hope that this is true!
Also I have a 18 month contract.. I was told that I did not need a OTA antenna to receive OTA channels in HD
I live in the New Orleans (Laplace) area and am an ex-voOmer.
I already have a channel master Antenna. Will that work? Is there anything else I should ask for or watch for? Any help would be very much appreciated!

I was told that I did not need a OTA antenna to receive OTA channels in HD
I live in the New Orleans (Laplace) area and am an ex-voOmer.
I already have a channel master Antenna. Will that work?

Yes, this should work. If it is still mounted, just hook the line to the input on the 622 and scan the channels. Note: you will only get the epg info if you subscribe to the local package. But the dvr features will still work and you can set manual timers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts