Other EchoStar Sats???? 148 61.5 etc.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

phpinfo

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2008
USA
I was looking at Lyngsat and noticed that there were other EchoStar satellites, such as 148 W, 129 W, 121 W, 61.5 W, 72.7 W, 77 W

I have have two Dish dishes. One with dual LNBs for 110 and 119 I believe. The other is for HD, not sure what sat it points to. Where does the HD point to?

What are the other EchoStar sats? Are there other channels I can order on these sats? Anything I am missing that is not on 119 and 110?

You should be covered if you have 110, 119 and either 129 or 61.5--unless you want some of the foreign language channels carried on 118.7. 148 is for Hawaii.

Ultimately the plan is to have the Eastern Arc covered by 61.5, 72.7, and 77, with the Western Arc covered by 110, 119, and 129. There will probably always be some overlap due to line of sight issues. Some of the spot beams to be utilized by Ciel-2 when it gets going at 129 will also cover the eastern seaboard as well as the west and midwest, Alaska and Hawaii.

I was looking at Lyngsat and noticed that there were other EchoStar satellites, such as 148 W, 129 W, 121 W, 61.5 W, 72.7 W, 77 W

I have have two Dish dishes. One with dual LNBs for 110 and 119 I believe. The other is for HD, not sure what sat it points to. Where does the HD point to?

What are the other EchoStar sats? Are there other channels I can order on these sats? Anything I am missing that is not on 119 and 110?

72.7 and 77 are the eastern arc equivalents of 110 and 119 on the western arc. While some national HD is carried on 110 and 72.7, most is carried on 129 (western arc) and 61.5 (eastern arc).

I would assume your second dish is pointing at 61.5 if it's pointed SE.

Contents of all E* satellites can be found here:

EKB: Dish Network Channels at 148°

Check EKB: Echostar Satellites for an overview. Looks like a lot, but Fitzie's post #2 covers most subscribers.
The other is for HD, not sure what sat it points to. Where does the HD point to?
When viewing a channel, press Info twice to show the satellite. To get the satellite and transponder, go to the Point Dish screen menu-6-1-1.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts