Other new Star Wars movies

mike123abc

Too many cables
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 25, 2003
Norman, OK
http://blogs.wsj.com/speakeasy/2013...veloping-films-based-on-star-wars-characters/

Disney is also working on other SW pictures about different characters.

Walt Disney Co. DIS +0.72% is developing films based on “Star Wars” characters, Chief Executive Robert Iger said Tuesday, in addition to the three sequels the company has already said it would make.

Screenwriters Lawrence Kasdan and Simon Kinberg are at work on films centered on characters from the blockbuster science-fiction series, Mr. Iger said in an appearance on CNBC. He declined to elaborate on details such as which characters the films would include or when they would be released.

The film projects will come in addition to “Star Wars” sequels Disney has been developing since October, when the entertainment giant paid more than $4 billion in cash and stock for Lucasfilm Ltd., the company that produced “Star Wars” and its many sequels and prequels. Disney said at the time that it would produce three new films in the lucrative series, starting in 2015.

Here's what I find totally cool about this. My father brought me to see the OT when i was a young (5, 8 and 11). Now I get to bring my son when he'll be 5 and up..

Cheers, K

Here's what I find totally cool about this. My father brought me to see the OT when i was a young (5, 8 and 11). Now I get to bring my son when he'll be 5 and up..

Cheers, K

Cool. You are just a couple years older than me.

'Star Wars' spinoff movies to feature Han Solo and Boba Fett?

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2013/...movies-to-feature-han-solo-and-boba-fett.html

Sources close to the series tell Entertainment Weekly that a "young Han Solo saga, focusing on the wisecracking smuggler's origin story" and a "bounty hunter adventure with Boba Fett at the center of a rogue's gallery of galactic scum" are in the works. The Han Solo story would take place between the events of "Revenge of the Sith" and "A New Hope," while the Boba Fett one would occur between either "A New Hope" and "The Empire Strikes Back" or between "Empire" and "Return of the Jedi."

As long as the movies are done right, an early Han Solo life movie could be very good. After all he did seem to be some what of a scoundrel before meeting the princess ;)

If it is done right and an early han solo sounds great and a continuation of 7 and up would be good :)

Han Solo and Boba Fett are probably the most marketable as far as independent movies go. I would certainly want to see them.

Am not too sure Ramy... the Star Wars Universe is really rich in characters and potential story lines now that Disney said it will not acknowledge the EU (books).

Here's a few:

1- Young Han Solo (when he first hooks up w/ Chewie, Lando etc)
2- Bobba Fett
3- Yoda Origins
4- Knights of the Old Republic (based on the game)
5- Old Replublic (game)
6- Jedi purge starring Vader and the emperor
7- Sith origins
8- Fast forward 100 or 1000 years after RotJ.

Marvel is pumping 2-3 movies per year.... Star Wars with 1 per year is better

Cheers, K

No 3D crap though

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)