Ouch, D's new Advertising Graphic

"Too bad for D* that the Voom channels when they do things right are better than half of the channels they have."

Give me a break. You are truly one of the few that actually believe this.

I doubt it. Certain Voom channels brought people to E*. All I see on E* and mostly D* is a lot of stretched crap. This of course will get better but as of now a channel that has one hour a week of HD doesn't really get me excited.

So if Dish is around 40-45 realistically, what is DirecTV at?

Also, what channel is the pink logo in the corner representing?

The ad failed to identify the one channel D* has that I really want. I never watch any of the channels they advertise in SD and wouldn't trade them for all the commercial-free, unedited movies I get on the Voom channels.

I do want MGM HD, though.

So if Dish is around 40-45 realistically, what is DirecTV at?

Also, what channel is the pink logo in the corner representing?

The ad failed to identify the one channel D* has that I really want. I never watch any of the channels they advertise in SD and wouldn't trade them for all the commercial-free, unedited movies I get on the Voom channels.

I do want MGM HD, though.
I cant see the attached thumbnail,
but on other ads they have the logo for FUEL channel

Absolutely. Voom is the only thing keeping me with Dish. Anybody else who behaved as ignorantly and insanely as they've been doing lately would've been history long ago.

Me too Jim. I switched over to D 2 months ago but kept the Dish HD package for Voom. I like RAVE and EQUATOR otherwise there is nothing on E* that I don't get on D*.

Please tell me everybody has a couple of dozen favorite HD channels before you get to CNBC HD. :)

I think it's safe to say that most companies are sleazy with the facts on advertising. I'm sure D*'s 95 includes several I've never heard of either.

The problem is, that involves an apostrophe ('). Today everyone is terrified of the apostrophe for some reason.

I think I found out why everyone is afraid of the apostrophe:

Apostrophe.jpg

I'd be happy with 73 HD channels like D* advertises for E*! Last I checked I can get 40 national (well, 41 now with CNN) including Voom and 2 RSN's. Use an OTA antenna for my locals since they aren't available. I refuse to count the Big 10 alternates as channels, but even if you do, that adds 5. If I want the sport package so I can not get blackout games, that number would go up as well, but if I can't watch what they are broadcasting in HD, what's the point?

Hey Wetz, Do you get SpeedHD??? I see it in your Avatar...or is this just your wish-list? Also, what channel is CNN HD on????

Since when is 73 twice as many as 95?

All the pay providers are equally quilty of this practice as I see it.

DISH Network -- Dish HD
(just click on the center tab) too view the page on the DISH website.

Am I supposed to get the golf channel HD AND VS.-HD as seperate channels???? Now they share airtime on channel 9468. On the E* website HD lists, they are listed as seperate channels. Does this count as 1 or 2 of our 41 channels??

Hey Wetz, Do you get SpeedHD??? I see it in your Avatar...or is this just your wish-list? Also, what channel is CNN HD on????

I do not get SpeedHD, I get E*'s SpeedS(upercompressed)D. I got to see the Duals on SpeedHD at a buddy's house who has D* and of course they rub it in your face at the track when you go with a huge screen showing SpeedHD. It looks just like Fox HD with a Speed logo!

I do not get SpeedHD, I get E*'s SpeedS(upercompressed)D. I got to see the Duals on SpeedHD at a buddy's house who has D* and of course they rub it in your face at the track when you go with a huge screen showing SpeedHD. It looks just like Fox HD with a Speed logo!
I find it interesting that Dish is a big sponsor for NASCAR, yet Direct is the only one that has Hot Pass.

D* sponsors the series, a car (07), and a race (the Dual) while E* only sponsors a team. With XM being bought out by Sirius, D* also became the series sponsor for the IRL. But E* sure loves sticking one of those Roush cars on its web frontpage, especially if they win!

Am I supposed to get the golf channel HD AND VS.-HD as seperate channels???? Now they share airtime on channel 9468. On the E* website HD lists, they are listed as seperate channels. Does this count as 1 or 2 of our 41 channels??
What is the deal with this? D* lists them as separate channels with separate channel numbers (Vs. Ch604 and Golf -ch605). Are these really separate/independent on D* and show each channel's respective SD schedule, or is 604 showing exactly the same programming as 605? (what we see on E*'s Vs/Golf HD channel).

D* needs to change E*'s number to 74 now I guess, since E* threw down the gauntlet of ONE national HD channel to battle the 50+ that D* has added over the past several months... I bet D* is shaking in their boots now... :)

At least Dish added an "HD" channel we've heard of in CNN HD, it's just unfortunate there's no way in hell THAT was the #1 request in terms of new HD channels. I know it's popular enough for consideration, but CNN HD should not have been the first and only one to launch before some others. But, Dish will surely be suffering at the beginning of May if they don't get stuff together. Voom's HD channels should be consolidated to 5 or 6 TOPS to actually give some unique content more than once or twice a day on some of those channels.

there is not enough new content on the voom channels to compare.
Compare what?

HD sourced progamming hours per day?

Commercials per hour?

Zoomed/stretched hours per day?

One or two new series off and on does not an entirely fresh 24/7 channel make. When you look at the programming schedule of USA, isn't at least 80% of the HD programming re-runs?

What's the little pink logo in the corner? If you're going to make fun of channels "you never heard of", shouldn't you have recognizable logos?

One or two new series off and on does not an entirely fresh 24/7 channel make. When you look at the programming schedule of USA, isn't at least 80% of the HD programming re-runs?
Perhaps, but it is the HD programming that most people, if asked, would want. USA is a very popular channel. And you'd be hard pressed to find much new content on many of the Voom channels too.

What's the little pink logo in the corner? If you're going to make fun of channels "you never heard of", shouldn't you have recognizable logos?
Are you talking about Fuel TV? You haven't heard of Fuel TV? I bet more people have heard of Fuel TV than most of the Voom channels.

logo_fuel.gif

Compare what?

HD sourced progamming hours per day?
Commercials per hour?
Zoomed/stretched hours per day?

It's a hopeless battle. Not everyone can appreciate caviar.

Let them have the pretzels and vienna sausages - Voom is what all the other HD channels ought to be.

cartoon network HD coming today?

Yankees not blacked out tonite

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)