Out of Market Broadcasts

perceptive360

Original poster
Apr 28, 2009
st.louis
I moved from Tampa to St.Louis. I would like to get tampa local channels like fox and the others here in St. Louis. I was reading about QAM and other sorts. Does any one know how I can receive those Tampa broadcasts? I do have a Dish Network dish. But DISH told me I would have to file a FCC RV waiver to recieve it. Huh? I do not mind spending money to get those channels. I just don't know how.

Tampa locals

Sorry nobody else responded. The answer is, unfortunately, would be their website. DISH feeds are all spotbeam now, with few exceptions. The main exceptions are All American Direct which currently sells the big 4 locals from NY and SanFran to people in 'white' areas outside of Grade B reception. Chicago SD locals (big 4) are for some reason still on ConUS (Con US 48-State Beam). Stay tuned as these rules may change on 6/13. I don't see any hope for Tampa though, as they are not on a ConUS beam. Hope this helps explain.

It is unlikely that many additional DNS feeds (over an above the current four markets) will be made available. It just takes up too much CONUS space to serve up every channel from every DMA. Spotbeams are a necessary evil.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts