Outage last night for hours?

delta_charlie

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 12, 2008
Hi all, did anyone else loose all their programing last night?

Starting about 7:30 PM EST I lost the picture from my VIP 222. Still had audio so I would think the signal was still up.

Guide would still work so I would think the receiver was still hooked up.

Just no picture.

? DC

Yeah, the 222 is a notoriously "finicky" box. I've had that very problem with mine, but verified that the sat was still working by looking at my 722. In all cases, holding the reset/power button until the 222 resets has fixed the problem. I just wish I didn't have to do it so darn often (like everytime we get a decent storm and there are some intermittent signal interruptions). I think Dish should either get on the ball and fix the box's software so it works right, or swap out the boxes for something that does at no charge... The difference in quality between my 722 and my 222 is drastic. :(

No problems here viewing 110/119 and 61.5. What sat(s) were you viewing. Chances are a hard reset could have fixed the problem within about 10 minutes.

Hi, I'm on the same satellites. It looks like the problem is with my ViP 222. I did power off using the remote but did not try a full unplug or hard reset.

It fixed itself last night and was working this morning.

Next time I will try the hard reset.

BTW - I have not had much trouble with this 222 before but it does run very hot and normally I unplug it during the day when I'm not home.

Thanks for the replies, DC

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts