Outdated EPG

chaddux

Insert Clever Phrase Here
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 19, 2004
DMA 114
Can someone pull up their guide on the 522 and see how far out it goes? Mine will only go to Tuesday at midnight. I downloaded a fresh guide but it still stops at the same spot.

Hey Chad, I just tried mine, and it goes till next Saturday at midnight.
Maybe you need another daily update?

Here is what is happening. If I jump past Tuesday at midnight, wherever I jump to is the "end" of the guide. I can jump to Wednesday at 9 and the end is Wednesday at 9. I can jump to next Friday at 2 and the end is next Friday at 2. I can only jump once after I pass Tuesday at midnight. I can't go forward, obviously, at that point. If I try to go back, it immediately jumps back to wherever I jumped from (if I jumped to Thursday at 5 from Monday at 7, going back from Thursday at 5 jumps backwards to Monday at 7), it shows No Info Available for all channels (before I jumped forward, the information was available for those areas).

Bizzach, can you try jumping to an area before Tuesday at midnight and then manually scrolling forward to that time?

I just finished checking, cannot scroll past midnight tuesday. can 'skip' past to sunday tho.

n0qcu said:
I just finished checking, cannot scroll past midnight tuesday. can 'skip' past to sunday tho.

Woohoo! Thanks Kevin. Not good but at least I know it's not just me. I just changed the update time and let it do its automatic update thing. Now, I still can't manually scroll past Tuesday at midnight but I can still jump past it and I can now continue scrolling forward. Although, even though I can scroll forward, the end arrow continually displays.

Thanks again, Kevin.

I have been having the same problems with the guide. If I try to set a timer for any program past Tuesday the system attempts to set a timer for sometime on Saturday or Sunday. The first thing that comes to mind is that Wednesday is December 1 and the software is having a problem with the end of the month.

Lightfoot said:
I have been having the same problems with the guide. If I try to set a timer for any program past Tuesday the system attempts to set a timer for sometime on Saturday or Sunday. The first thing that comes to mind is that Wednesday is December 1 and the software is having a problem with the end of the month.

I noticed that as well. Midnight on the last day of the month can't be a coincidence.

Ooooh. Now its really acting weird. See if anyone can replicate this. Follow this closely or it wont work.

1. Pull up the guide. Do not manually scroll.

2. Skip ahead 72 hours. (Any time after Tuesday at midnight works but just use this one to test.)

2. After skipping forward ONCE, you should now be on Wednesday. Manually scroll forward until it stops (press RIGHT three times). It should stop after three times.

3. Now, manually scroll to the left until you push the screen (press LEFT three times). As soon as you've scrolled off the current data, it should immediately jump to some date in the middle of December.

4. If you originally jumped from Wednesday, you should now be on "Sat 12/18" and if you jumped from any other day, you should be on a similar day. (From Thursday would be Sun 12/19, from Friday would be Mon 12/20, etc.)

Work for anyone?

To add to what Chad said I was able to then use the left arrow to move back from 12/18 all the way to 12/6 (just to where it was starting to give info again) then it jumped to 12/23.

n0qcu said:
To add to what Chad said I was able to then use the left arrow to move back from 12/18 all the way to 12/6 (just to where it was starting to give info again) then it jumped to 12/23.

Oooh. So it worked. Maybe once we get into the new month, it will resolve itself.

I can't skip in increments larger than 99. I've never tried before so I don't know if that's normal or not.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts