Output to internet?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

RT-Cat

"My person-well trained"
Original poster
May 30, 2011
Cold, Cold,Michigan USA
Did a search, got the usual 75-125 answers. Just too many, so: May have been discussed, but, is there any way you can get audio/video out of the S9 onto the internet. So you could view "stuff" the way you can with the Dish 722K and the sling adapter?

RT

Using only the S9 receiver, no. The network jack is basically useless for FTA applications, unfortunately. There are external solutions, such as a Slingbox.

last night the temp was 15F and was tired of going into the house to check the signal. trying to get montana pbs on amc21. so got the wifes phone and dialed my phone and then set her phone in front of the tv. was trying to get 12140 because i am confused about the signal there. when it comes in, it hang in there for about 20 clicks on the reed relay but the same click count does not have anything half the time. so at least i could get a close adjustment using the phone... today is supposed to be above freezing so might get closer. charlie

last night the temp was 15F and was tired of going into the house to check the signal. trying to get montana pbs on amc21. so got the wifes phone and dialed my phone and then set her phone in front of the tv. was trying to get 12140 because i am confused about the signal there. when it comes in, it hang in there for about 20 clicks on the reed relay but the same click count does not have anything half the time. so at least i could get a close adjustment using the phone... today is supposed to be above freezing so might get closer. charlie

I know this has been talked about before, but this is a good example where having a meter like the First Strike FS1 can really come in handy when hunting and adjusting the dish for a certain satellite and channel.

Thanks for the replies. The intent was not to adjust the dish. I would use my meter for that. Interesting ideas though. The idea was to be somewhere else and view recorded "stuff" on the hard drive or directly from the S9. Looks like the slingbox is the answer.

RT.

... Looks like the slingbox is the answer...
Classic slingbox (standard def) on ebay here in Utah for $40 with no bids. You can connect your sat receiver composite output to slingbox video input and watch receiver anywhere via wifi. Not possible to control receiver remotely, so you're mostly restricted to watching in your home where slingbox is installed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts