Outrageous cost to upgrade!!

I had the same problem, ask for Customer Retention. I got mine for $25.00 installed

Dish reakly needs to buy a clue. They give a new customer Discounted service and a free Hopper system. WHat they are really saying is please go to direct tv we don't want our exisiting customers, we want ne customersw. As I explained to Custoemr Retention, they spend alot of money to get new customers, they want me to sign a new 2 year cpntract and pay them $100.00, something wrong with that marketing plan. Exisitng customers should ALWAYS get free upgrade on leased equipment for signing a new 2 year contract.

I had the same problem, ask for Customer Retention. I got mine for $25.00 installed

Dish reakly needs to buy a clue. They give a new customer Discounted service and a free Hopper system. WHat they are really saying is please go to direct tv we don't want our exisiting customers, we want ne customersw. As I explained to Custoemr Retention, they spend alot of money to get new customers, they want me to sign a new 2 year cpntract and pay them $100.00, something wrong with that marketing plan. Exisitng customers should ALWAYS get free upgrade on leased equipment for signing a new 2 year contract.

Exactly what i was saying, i got the $200 quote, but that is not a good deal and so I left to Fios. It makes no sense to me to pay to upgrade, plus sign a contract with no discounts. Why would I pay dish to lock me in for 2 years? Maybe $200 and i stayed out of contract, but even that is pushing it, its not like phones where you own the phone, its not like I can take the boxes with me if I leave, dish does not throw them away, they use them for another customer. So this whole, well the box costs this much, and that, so what, they are not rendered unusable after a customer leaves, dish is not losing anything, they clean them up and reuse them. And then seeing how they treat long time customers. Why would I want to stay with you if I can see how poorly you treat others who have been with you for over a decade?

Exactly what i was saying, i got the $200 quote, but that is not a good deal and so I left to Fios. It makes no sense to me to pay to upgrade, plus sign a contract with no discounts. Why would I pay dish to lock me in for 2 years? Maybe $200 and i stayed out of contract, but even that is pushing it, its not like phones where you own the phone, its not like I can take the boxes with me if I leave, dish does not throw them away, they use them for another customer. So this whole, well the box costs this much, and that, so what, they are not rendered unusable after a customer leaves, dish is not losing anything, they clean them up and reuse them. And then seeing how they treat long time customers. Why would I want to stay with you if I can see how poorly you treat others who have been with you for over a decade?

does any cell phone company let u upgrade to an iphone for free?no
so why should dish let u upgrade for free?

does any cell phone company let u upgrade to an iphone for free?no
so why should dish let u upgrade for free?
Do you own that cellphone when you sign a new agreement to upgrade your phone? yes
Do you own the receiver when you sign a new agreement to upgrade your receiver? no

BB@Home is only compatible with the ViP6xx & ViP722 series. It is not compatible with the ViP922.

Yet.;)

Scott's sources told him BBMP should be added to the VIP922 before Team Summit(May,2012)?.;)

Plans change... ;-)

With all the unrealized features, and bugs, in the Hopper/Joey system- I really doubt much work is in progress on the ViP922. "Later" not "soon."

However, I do have a couple of handy "eating crow" pictures that sometimes come in handy. ;)

I'm the one who posted in another thread how a supervisor finally admitted that my account had "received credits unavailable to others" and was thus ineligible.
When did you last upgrade hardware (the month is close enough)?

It sounds like they think you've received all the love you deserve for a while and I'm wondering if it is justified.