Outrageous cost to upgrade!!

I think the answer they give about you getting some credits in the past is BS. I really doubt that is the reason. Sounds like they're just covering something up.

And knowing how corporations work, it's to cover their rears from lawsuits. Dish probably relies on a formula that uses questionable data.

You seriously need to escelate this up higher than a typical csr. The leadt they could do since you hace been a customer for 14 years is give you new customer offer.

You should ask...."do you really want me to give my money to Directv?

That's not going to happen.

I think the answer they give about you getting some credits in the past is BS. I really doubt that is the reason. Sounds like they're just covering something up.

I think you're right. Probably they've mixed up their customers and refuse to acknowledge it.

well my cost to upgrade to 1 hopper and 1 joey was 400.00 totaly out of the question at this time .. auto pay , I guess I am penalized for being a new customer .. and all I want is Blockbuster on all my receivers, this 211K is just a bunch of garbage .. cant use the android app on it either .. and they want me to pay extra to get what services I already pay for ... I Think NOT!!

well my cost to upgrade to 1 hopper and 1 joey was 400.00 totaly out of the question at this time .. auto pay , I guess I am penalized for being a new customer .. and all I want is Blockbuster on all my receivers, this 211K is just a bunch of garbage .. cant use the android app on it either .. and they want me to pay extra to get what services I already pay for ... I Think NOT!!

Why is the 211k a bunch of garbage? Also, when did you sign up?

Those services are offered for their DVR equipment. The 211 isn't a DVR, but can gain SOME DVR functionality by adding an EHD.

So you didn't pay for services you don't get. You are getting all the services that are available for a receiver!

that funny sir .. I am paying for the Blockbuster .. it is on my account .. it doesnt work on my 211k .. and since when do you pay for services based on receivers. you pay for services based on account .. all i am asking is for a decent upgrade pricing and sorry but 400 bucks isnt it ..

I understand .. I am probably being penalized for being a new customer .. When I ordered I specifcally requested that my receivers to be able to use the Android app .. so that I can use my tablets as a remote and even schedule .. I was assured that the 722k and the 211k were the solution.. well it is not .. the 211 cannot be used with the Android app (even as just a remote control via ethernet/wifi and thats all I wanted). I realize that I have been a customer for less than a year .. but come on dont you think 400.00 is a little steep considering I can totally cancel for less?

PM a DIRT member and see if they can help. Look for names in red at the bottom of the Forum page

that funny sir .. I am paying for the Blockbuster .. it is on my account .. it doesnt work on my 211k .. and since when do you pay for services based on receivers. you pay for services based on account .. all i am asking is for a decent upgrade pricing and sorry but 400 bucks isnt it ..

Correct .. I guess morphed is a really good term .. not to mention I really enjoyed Blockbuster on my Vizio DVD player .. which they also took away ..

KAB ..

Thanks for the suggestion for DIRT .. but honestly .. I am really fed up with any customer service from DISH .. Customer Service, Sales, and even Tech Support have given me misinformation about what receivers did what .. matter of fact ..I had Tech Support tell me that the DISH App on the market was some third party application that wouldnt work anyway .. I have been using the email method so I have a paper trail of trying to resolve this.. I received an email from Customer service that this had been sent to the Administrative Department for review and I would receive a call withini 24 to 48 hours ... well 13 days later ..I had to call them ..and their Administrative Department is the one that gave me the astronomical cost of 400.00 .. It would probably be doubled talking to someone else .. I really thought they would be a little more eager to get me on the hook for a new 24 months .. but I guess not ..

I understand .. I am probably being penalized for being a new customer .. When I ordered I specifcally requested that my receivers to be able to use the Android app .. so that I can use my tablets as a remote and even schedule .. I was assured that the 722k and the 211k were the solution.. well it is not .. the 211 cannot be used with the Android app (even as just a remote control via ethernet/wifi and thats all I wanted). I realize that I have been a customer for less than a year .. but come on dont you think 400.00 is a little steep considering I can totally cancel for less?

Hmm? You have a 722K and a 211? Blockbuster works with the 722k, does it not? So you are paying for something that you can use.

If you don't have a 722K, then Blockbuster shouldn't even be on your account.

You don't pay for DishOnline. It's free, but requires compatible hardware. The 211 isn't compatible. The 722K is.

Special upgrade pricing is not guaranteed. Only available for "qualified" accounts.

i beg to differ with you .. irregardlous on how you want to state it .. I am paying for the Blockbuster on my account with that I get the Dish Online .. it is an account based service .. it isnt working on my 211k .. it is the same as HBO .. it is account based .. to me .. it would be like ordering hbo and only getting on 1 out 2 tvs.. and then someone says oh we are sorry but that receiver cant get hbo..

It would be like ordering HD channels, and only getting them on one of two TVs. Like with the 722 in duo mode. It is simply a hardware limitation, but you do have access to HD channels in your home. It is not like HBO, as that is simply a channel on your Dish Satellite service. BB is a completely different service, and is only compatible with some receivers.

DishOnline does not come with your BB service. I believe everyone gets DishOnline.

Last edited:
BB@Home is only compatible with the ViP6xx & ViP722 series. It is not compatible with the ViP922.

What does one consider a credit that no one else gets? I got by asking a credit of $10 oer month for six monthfor I asked them if they could reduce my bill any. They did the above credit. I was still able to get my hopper/joey upgrade for $100. so either what I got isn't what you're referring to or it doe4sn't effect your upgrade pricing. What gives?

Also posted this in the Upgrade thread.

OMG!!! I've been with Dish for over 14 years, auto pay and Top 250. I PM'd Mary to see what my cost to upgrades to a 2/3 H/J system and here's her return message

"Hi, I am sorry I did not a chance to respond to you earlier. I have reviewed your account and to upgrade to a 2 Hopper and 3 Joey installation at this time would cost $700. It would be $200.00 for each Hopper and $100.00 for each Joey. I am not sure where we will be when the OTA is released but I hope we will have better news for you on the costs associated with he Hopper upgrade. Thank you!"

Is this a way to treat a long term customer. I'm retired and as much as I'd like to upgrade, there is no way I can afford that.

2 Hoppers ,1 Joey $200 including install

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)