Outrageous cost to upgrade!!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Vip722, AT120 and a year old customer with 1 year left on contract. For 1H/1J was quoted $100 with additional $11 (7+4) monthly charge and $95 installation or $0 installation if I sign for the protection plan. Not bad but will wait for OTA.

Obviously they have 1st class customers and 3rd class customers.

Last edited:
Guess I have to call in 3 months. The dish csr on the website wouldnt tell me my cost in 3 months.

15yr customer. I've had MANY free promotions through the years. A few months back the HD died in my 722 and they actually sent a tech out for free to install a new 722 even though I didn't have the protection plan.

I got 1H/1J for $99 installed yesterday. I added the protection plan (min 90 day) and they waived the install fee.

The DVR fee did go up on me. I was paying $6 and now they want $17 (10+7). Is this what everyone else is paying? I saw someone else say $11 (7+4).

15yr customer. I've had MANY free promotions through the years. A few months back the HD died in my 722 and they actually sent a tech out for free to install a new 722 even though I didn't have the protection plan.

I got 1H/1J for $99 installed yesterday. I added the protection plan (min 90 day) and they waived the install fee.

The DVR fee did go up on me. I was paying $6 and now they want $17 (10+7). Is this what everyone else is paying? I saw someone else say $11 (7+4).

The DVR fee goes from $6 to $10, an increase of $4, and the Joey fee is $7. Total fees are $17 or an increase of $11 over the $6 fee you were paying for a single DVR.

The DVR fee goes from $6 to $10, an increase of $4, and the Joey fee is $7. Total fees are $17 or an increase of $11 over the $6 fee you were paying for a single DVR.

I pay for $10 HD solo DVR receiver plus the $6 dvr fee. If I return the 612 and get a hopper and joey I would be paying a dollar more? or is their other fee's I don't see? Also is their any way to get rid of PBS national?

Hall said:
I can't believe those prices didn't cause Mary to investigate why before responding to you.

Sent from my phone...

She probably has a couple hundred emails to gi thri considering everybody and thier dog on this forum tries to go thru dirt.

RE Outrageous prices.

Also posted this in the Upgrade thread.

OMG!!! I've been with Dish for over 14 years, auto pay and Top 250. I PM'd Mary to see what my cost to upgrades to a 2/3 H/J system and here's her return message

"Hi, I am sorry I did not a chance to respond to you earlier. I have reviewed your account and to upgrade to a 2 Hopper and 3 Joey installation at this time would cost $700. It would be $200.00 for each Hopper and $100.00 for each Joey. I am not sure where we will be when the OTA is released but I hope we will have better news for you on the costs associated with he Hopper upgrade. Thank you!"

Is this a way to treat a long term customer. I'm retired and as much as I'd like to upgrade, there is no way I can afford that.

WOW, that is way too much, However some explanation is due.

There are certainly different tiers of customers ranging form 1-5, Tier 5 customers qualify for upgrades on VIP Systems with no additional upfront costs, However tier 1 customers must pay in advance for
their equipment upgrades. Tier 5 customers pay 100 dollars plus the DVR fee for the Hopper DIU, while tier 1 subs pay full msrp. No offence intended, It seems as if you have been categorized in the tier 3 or 2. Your payment history plays a key factor in this determination.

I can't believe those prices didn't cause Mary to investigate why before responding to you.

Sent from my phone...

I'd like an explantion, just to make sure there isn't any misinformation on my account records. It's frustrating to see people getting great deals then getting a kick in the pants.

My payment history is perfect, I do autopay. Credit score is over 800. I don't know what Dish has against me.

Last edited:
I pay for $10 HD solo DVR receiver plus the $6 dvr fee. If I return the 612 and get a hopper and joey I would be paying a dollar more? or is their other fee's I don't see? Also is their any way to get rid of PBS national?

Yes, you're new fees are a DVR fee of $10 plus $7 for a Joey for a total of $17. You're current fees are a DVR fee of $6 plus $10 for the 612 or $16 total. Thus an increase of $1. You have PBS and want rid of it? I don't think you pay anything extra for it. You can always hide it from your guide if you want.

Yes, you're new fees are a DVR fee of $10 plus $7 for a Joey for a total of $17. You're current fees are a DVR fee of $6 plus $10 for the 612 or $16 total. Thus an increase of $1. You have PBS and want rid of it? I don't think you pay anything extra for it. You can always hide it from your guide if you want.

OK thanks! and yeah PBS shows up on my bill $2 a m/o

OK thanks! and yeah PBS shows up on my bill $2 a m/o

I don't know about the PBS. Contact one of the DIRT (Dish Internet Response Team) members here. Their names show in red at the bottom of the main forum page. Or do a Dish Chat per their web site. I couldn't even find that as a programming option on the web site. Have you had it for a long time? Maybe it's ma leftover from something they did earlier. <shrug>

To OP.... There are dozens of factors they could determine why you don't qualify for the $100 upgrade. Also NOTE the disclaimer on the promotion does say "for qualified accounts". First are you a DHA or PIA (Pay In Adance) account? If PIA youll have to purchase. The other factor could be those account credits you we told about and that doesn't reference things like free programming promotions. But if over the years y are a customer that whines and complains about everything and threatens to leave and dish trying to retain You does you a FAVOR and gives you multiple credits off and fee waives etc you are an account that is not making them any money so won't qualify for some promotions like the hopper Upgrade where they are giving You hundreds of dollars in free equipment. Also if you don't have the protection plan, depending what level of customer you are you may have a $95 install fee but dish will allow you to add it at the time of upgrade and then you either keep it for four monts or paya $25 cancel fee after install.

From your comments and general attitude I'm thinking it may be the later. <G>

Sent from my iPad using SatelliteGuys

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts