Outrageous cost to upgrade!!

dwarren2, Those prices are a Plan C at least as can be discerned from posts here. If I thought there was no reason to be rated there, and I didn't just get a discounted upgrade, and don't have a terrible credit rating, I would ask for the explanation of why others are getting a Hopper for $99. Being calm, make it clear you want to know why you are being discriminated against when your payments are always on time and have a high programming package.

At the least, get out of them why. Then you can determine if it is valid or not. Going to the BBB or doing anything else to me makes no sense until you know the reason.

This is concerning. Who hasn't gotten some kind of credits at some point? Matt gave me three months free Showtime last fall AFTER three months credit. I'm not planning on upgrading just now, but that would be "not cool" if those credits made me a "C".

I know I'm going to sound like a Dish fanboy but it is pretty dumb to call out Dish like you are right now. DirecTV have the same practices as Dish. Other companies do to. It's not just Dish. I'm not saying I agree with it but that's what they've decided to do.

This is concerning. Who hasn't gotten some kind of credits at some point? Matt gave me three months free Showtime last fall AFTER three months credit. I'm not planning on upgrading just now, but that would be "not cool" if those credits made me a "C".

I don't think it's just discounts. I checked and I qualified and I had 6 months of $5 discounts given to me by DIRT this past year when dropping the protection plan automatically added locals (I lost my grandfathered programming). I didn't ask for or demand anything. I've been a Dish sub since 1998. I have no idea what's going on out there in the mountains, it just seems odd they are disqualifying long term subs in many cases. Thankfully there is competition so if people think they are no longer wanted, they can try out the others. They should tell people though what the issue is that is preventing the discounted upgrade and what can be done to get qualified. That's only fair.

You might have 2 issues.

1) When you got dish they did not require your SS # to Qualify so now when the " Great OZ " Looks at your account is shows no credit.

2) You did give SS # and have better credit file then Bill Gates but you want to keep it safe and put a lock so no one can steal your good name or run credit checks.

dwarren2, Those prices are a Plan C at least as can be discerned from posts here. If I thought there was no reason to be rated there, and I didn't just get a discounted upgrade, and don't have a terrible credit rating, I would ask for the explanation of why others are getting a Hopper for $99. Being calm, make it clear you want to know why you are being discriminated against when your payments are always on time and have a high programming package.

At the least, get out of them why. Then you can determine if it is valid or not. Going to the BBB or doing anything else to me makes no sense until you know the reason.

I'm waiting for MaryB to go online later today since she's the one who sent me the PM well after I went to bed last night. I want to know why I'm in C. Couldn't be my credit rating, that's over 800. I have never bashed Dish in fact I've promoted it to friends.

I'm waiting for MaryB to go online later today since she's the one who sent me the PM well after I went to bed last night. I want to know why I'm in C. Couldn't be my credit rating, that's over 800. I have never bashed Dish in fact I've promoted it to friends.

Yes, let MaryB get back to you. Hope it works out.

Well, decided to call and got bumped up to an Accounts CSR. She ran the numbers and....

It went up to $800. She denied that there were A,B and C customers. Guess I will not be upgrading to the H/J system

Good going Dis,give a 14.5 year customer the Shaft

I was told 300 to upgrade to 1 hopper 1 joey. I have auto billing, at200, and the protection plan.

I posted in another thread... but as a result of their flat out lying to me about my ability to upgrade for at maximum 99 dollars... I actually cancelled my account entirely... I

Its sad that they would rather loose a customer that is paying a bill of over 200 dollars a month.. to squeeze them out of money for a box "upgrade".. they tell me to wait a year... So they can collect another 2400 dollars.. only to tell me one year from now.. Oh ya.. its still 800 dollars..

Sad.. I would love to stay with dish.. but they didn't make it easy

Well, I did a Chat. Good to go at $100.00...one and one (if/when I go). Been with for 10 years, AT200+Platinum (3years)+auto-pay.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts