Outstanding service call experience!

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

old corps

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Jan 13, 2005
Mid-Michigan
My 622 had been acting up as of late (Loss of signal message although I had great signal strength) so I finally made the dreaded call. After speaking with two AMERICAN reps they scheduled a service call for TODAY between 12-5. They did this @ NO charge and I do not have a service agreement. This was at almost noon. About 20 minutes later the tech called and said he'd be here in 20 minutes. He lied. He was here in 15. Without boring everyone to death with all the details, he swapped out my aging 622 with a 722K & also arranged to have Dish send me an OTA module--also @ NO charge. No commitment as well. Amazing huh?:confused: I'm still in shock! Way to go Dish!:)

Ed
A HAPPY Dish customer!

It's always good to these posts.

If you have a compliment you want to send to the tech, PM your account number along with the tech's name a tech number if you have it, and I'll forward the message.

Next month I'll have been with Dish for 10 years and I've always had excellent service, esp. the installers and chat reps.

Been with Dish since they first started cant remember when I first signed up, back when it was Americas top 40 and the receiver was the model 4000 back then was a Dish 300 pointed at only 119, you bought all your equipment and the locale retailer installed it Dish did not do installs then. Between locale installers back then and Dish installers today have never had a bad instal or experience all techs have very pleasant and helpful.
My first install was on Easter Sunday my mother had to hold the meal up until he was done( had an under standing mom) he was out of receivers so he let me use his own personal one until he got more in now that was customer service.
MattG can you tell about how long it has been since I first signed up, just kind of curios. Thanks.

Likewise, I've been with Dish for 12 years. As a professional installer, I've always done my own and installed my own equipment.

I left the full time install business three years, ago. Hefting ladders and climbing roofs in cold weather and rain is someting that I will now leave for younger guys.

I first started to install antennas during the "Golden Age of Television." Gilligans Island had not even been introduced. Bob Denver as a "beatnik" called Manard G. Krebs on the Manny Loves of Dobie Gillis Show. Happy Days had not even premiered. Ron Howard was a little boy on the Andy Griffith.

I recall seeing that episode of the Jacky Gleeson Show as it aired live as in "Back to the Future."

I called on Wednesday. the installer called me at 7:30AM. Her arrived at 5 minutes after 8:00AM.

I got upgraded to HD for LIFE. Everything was FREE. The CSR even did a workaround and allowed me to keep Annual Pay.

I got two additional calls and two emails from Dish asking me how everything went and if I was satisfied.

It wouldn't surprise me, if I stayed with Dish for another 12 years or more.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)