OUYA

Probably not the next big thing, just the different manifestation of the Android industry/hobby.

I'm a backer, I'll have one in March in theory.

When I grew up, I had a little electronics set that I could connect wires in different ways to produce different results... realized the other day stuff like the Android OS is the kind of thing that my son will have that is analogous to that.

I don't think this kind of thing is for me. As long as Sony and Microsoft keep making high quality consoles with AAA exclusive games as well as great third party support I will probably keep buying them.

It started with the Wii and it's mostly casual game collection aimed at non gamers. Now with the popularity of iOS, Android and Facebook, developers are seeing how much money they can make from very little investment because of games like Angry Birds and Tiny Wings. I wish people would stop acting like these are replacements to hardcore console or PC games. Gaming and technology outlets like Wired Magazine, G4TV, and Ign.com have all recently had features on casual games taking over. Even big developers like Epic and Naughty Dog are making iOs and facebook games now.

I have nothing against casual games. I play them from time to time on my iPhone when I need to kill some time away from home. I just hope casual gaming doesn't kill the hardcore game industry. Leave iOS and Android games to Zynga and go make your next great original IP to replace the Gears of War (EPIC) or Uncharted (Naughty Dog) series.

Just because casual gaming is becoming more popular doesn't mean Hardcore gaming has to become less popular. It is my opinion that the industry is vastly overestimating how many people are leaving consoles and moving to iPads. I think this is mostly a different group of people who were formally non-gamers or gamers such as myself that aren't replacing our consoles but instead just adding in some casual gaming while on the go. I'll never wait until midnight for an iPhone release and then stay up all night playing because I'm so excited and into it. I have done that many times on consoles over my lifetime.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts