Over 170 Recordings Were System Update Deleted Overnight

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dangerousdave

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2008
I have a Hopper 2000 that has 3 personal user created DVR folders in addition to the DVR default folders. The internal drive was about 68% full. All 3 of my personal DVR folders contents had all but 1 show deleted during the overnight system update. My drive is now 21% full after the automatic purge. Fortunately I didn't have my external drive connected so it's contents are intact. I have searched for some type of setting that could have initiated this auto-delete but I've found nothing.

All of my programs that were auto deleted do not appear in the Deleted Recordings folder. The only shows that appear in that folder are the shows I deleted myself over the past few days. About 60% of the programs auto deleted were not the Prime Time shows. The majority were shows I've recorded throughout the daytime and middle of the night. My Prime Time folder still has about 8 days of programs in it which I can of course re-save into the No Folder.

Obviously I'm extremely displeased (*%&^@#$$%) about losing my shows. Did anyone else have this problem early morning Dec 7, 2012 or is anyone aware of a setting that could initiate the purge?

Last edited:
Have you tried unplugging the Hopper from power for ten seconds? Also, if you remember the name of any of these deleted events, try doing a search for one and see if it finds the file even though it isn't being displayed in the DVR folder.

If none of lucky86's suggestions work, then i would report it to someone at DIRT. Could be software, but also a possibility of some sort of hard drive failure.

We've had reports of corrupted recordings in the past largely related to EHD transfers, but not mass deletions.

Problem solved, although programs are gone forever I guess. We have 2 hoppers in the household and I just found out from a family member that they "thought" they were deleting all recordings on their hopper however, they were talking to my hopper and deleted everything on mine. Is there a way to mass protect shows on my hopper?

Also, Thanks guys for your quick replies.

Problem solved, although programs are gone forever I guess. We have 2 hoppers in the household and I just found out from a family member that they "thought" they were deleting all recordings on their hopper however, they were talking to my hopper and deleted everything on mine. Is there a way to mass protect shows on my hopper?

Also, Thanks guys for your quick replies.

Your events should be in the recycle bin if they were deleted in the last 48 hours. I would still try a reset and try that search i mentioned and see if that restores them to at least the recycle bin.

I just found out from a family member that they "thought" they were deleting all recordings on their hopper however, they were talking to my hopper and deleted everything on mine. Is there a way to mass protect shows on my hopper?

I think we know the answer to that question. Do you have a garage? :D

On the VIP you can protect each program, though not a folder. That would be the only way I can think of other than my first thought above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)