Over 60 Channels?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Lkr

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 19, 2008
Dish website advertises TurboHD Silver as over 60 channels of HD, but only shows 35. Why are they using false advertisement that is so blatant?

All hd advertising is all hype right now and no real substance . Especially when they can't really add that many hd channels due to bandwith limitations.

And if you want to see real padded counts, I like cable's claim of over 1,000 titles.

Only Comcast is making that claim (not all 'cable').

For the most part, cable undercounts their HD offerings when compared to satellite. Cable can show dozens - even hundreds - of HD movies/programs on one PPV channel. Yet Dish & Direct count dozens of separate PPV channels in their HD totals, even though there's only one HD movie showing on each channel. That's essentially the same as Comcast counting 'titles'.

Dish website advertises TurboHD Silver as over 60 channels of HD, but only shows 35. Why are they using false advertisement that is so blatant?

Beyond lathering over the fact that VOD and PPV are included in this count, how about further discovery that those 35 channels have very little real HD on them, highly edited and repeat programming crammed full of commercials.

So long as they didn't show a logo of a channel they don't carry, not much you can complain about. Personally, I look for channels I want, not just who has the most.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts