Over night promo - Record 8 shows at once?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

dwarren2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Oct 30, 2003
Rochester, NY Region
In the over night promo pushed thru last night, they state you can record 8 shows at once. I assume that means a single Hopp and a Super Joey and PTAT.
Any other way?

I can record 12 shows at once with 5 five dual tuner DVR's and two of them hooked up to antenna. In fact, one of my TV's I have in my office and guest bedroom. I don't watch much, but I mainly use for recording movies and then transfer to hard drives and watch on other TV's. It is my own version of the hopper.

Yeah. I've got 9 with my 722 and two 612s. And, unlike the Hopper/SJ combination w/o an OTA adapter, I can record subchannels as well. 3 at once.

Well I'm pretty happy with what I can record with my two Hoppers and OTA module and I love the fact that I'm able to watch those recorded shows on any TV in the house in HD. ;)

Dish is probably pushing 8 now as the number since some cable companies are starting to push 12 in their new boxes.

Yeah. I've got 9 with my 722 and two 612s. And, unlike the Hopper/SJ combination w/o an OTA adapter, I can record subchannels as well. 3 at once.

Note to self: Increase Gremlins to three and expedite their delivery to the Hopper Disbeliever's house.....

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

14 SAT tuners and 6 OTA reporting in! So including PTAT I can record up to 17 SAT channels and 6 OTA at once.

Sent from my iPhone 4S using Forum Runner

I always laugh when I see someone say "Oh my god 500 timers is not enough!" :D

I agree. When I had Directv I had maybe 20 series timers and at the time when alot of my shows were on hiatus I'd see maybe 15 or 16 timers set
500? Good lord....unless you count the dupes I may be able to see that. Especially if you like Duck Dynasty or something with their 100 episodes in the 2 week guide ;)

I saw this as well but what I noticed when they had the activity screen up it showed 6 consecutive blue bars, maybe 2 hoppers fully integrated?????

IF DISH can record the entire transponder on the satellite , and they have 8 channels on a transponder, they could with One hopper do 3 x 8 = 24 shows at one time + 1 ota tuner = 25 shows. Assuming that they did ptat on all 3 tuners and moved the more popular channels on one transponder. I think there was something mentioned previously that DISH was working on doing something just like that. Then if you added a super joey and added 2 more tuners and you did ptat on those two tuners 2 x 8 = 16, you would have the ability to record up to 41 shows at one time ,with the ota tuner included. I don't think there would be a cable company or other satellite company out there that could do that. I can see them doing a SUPER HOPPER and SUPER JOEY combo that can do ptat on all it's tuners . Imagine the advertising they could do with that one.:D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)