over the air channels using program guide

dfwarner

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Mar 10, 2004
Vernon, CT
I have been receiving the over the air channels into my dish vip 211 box for the past couple of months. This has allowed HD channel reception on all my locals that are broadcasting. Within the past couple of days the program information has stopped being available on all my local channels. The program description says digital service on all channels while I use to receive the full program description. Does anyone else use this setup and is your program guide still functioning?

thanx for any help.

dave

Dish only provides local OTA program data to people who subscribe to their locals via satellite (LiL). They have provided free OTA data on a short term basis to certain people.

Usually OTA channels just say "digital service" or some such. Dish also blocks PSIP data.

I will be very disappointed if that is the case. I have had my local channels on the program guide for the past two months with the 211 receiver. Prior to that I had the local channel info with my privious receiver for about a couple years.

I just called and found this problem can be fixed by using the point dish & check switch procedure. After the reset I do have the locals back on the guide. Yeaaahhhh.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)