Over the air DVR

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
If you are looking to record OTA digitals only, including HD - Some LG or Zenith units are available from time to time on Ebay at a much more reasonable cost. The LG is a model # LST-3410A. The Zenith is a model # HDR230. The LG unit even has a QAM tuner which allows it to receive and record unscrambled cable channels. No fee with either unit. Go to Ebay and enter those numbers in the search box. If nothing there right now, save them in your "favorite searches" and you will get emailed when one appears. Good luck.

Philips has a DVDR machine with a 160GB hard disk that will record over the air NTSC and ATSC. It is $318 at Wallmart in the US. It has not made it to the Wallmart in Canada yet, but should arrive shortly. There is a similar unit made by Polaroid at Wallmart for $238.
Polaroid DVD Player/Recorder with 160 GB Hard Disk - Wal-Mart
Philips 160GB Hard Drive DVD Recorder w/ HDMI, DVDR3575H/37 - Wal-Mart

Please note that both these machine will downgrade the signals to 480i for recording and burning to DVD.

I have a PC in my basement which runs beyondtv on windows from snapstream ($30 at the time I bought it) and an hdhomerun box (has two tunner and does OTA and QAM tunning) this goes for $170.

No monthly fees and I can set up the recording via the web from wherever I am located. It also streams through the house using beyondtv link in HD!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)