over the air signals on Tuner 2 on a 622

wase4711

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 22, 2004
Outside Chicago
Ok, I bought a rabbit ear for my local hd stuff near Chicago, and it works very well..problem is, I can NOT see those channels that I scanned in on Tuner 2, just on tuner one...Local channels are greyed out on the second tv in the setup menu, , so I am not sure if there is a way to get them to show up on tuner 2..I dont want to change the "mode" of the reciever; I like being able to watch 2 different things at the same time, so I am not sure if there is any way to see the "off air" stuff on tuner 2..

thanks so much!:D

This gets confusing. ther are really THREE tuners ina 622. Two satellite and 1 OTA. It also can feed two TVs with separate outputs. In that mode th ere isa TV1 and a TV2. TV2 cannot see live OTA from the OTA tuner but it can view a prerecorded program (or so I believe) but TV2 is limited to SD.

Read your manual! The OTA channels are not available on TV2 (not tuner 2) on the 622 in dual mode.

Split OTA signal at the receiver, one output will go to the 622 OTA input. Then use another splitter as a combiner, connect first output of that splitter with the second output of the first splitter, connect second output of the second splitter with 622 RF out, connect input of the second splitter with the secont TV.
You will have all dish channels and OTA channels on a second TV.
Also if second TV is HD with HD tuner, then you will have OTA HD.
And it is just one cable run.

Split OTA signal at the receiver, one output will go to the 622 OTA input. Then use another splitter as a combiner, connect first output of that splitter with the second output of the first splitter, connect second output of the second splitter with 622 RF out, connect input of the second splitter with the secont TV.
You will have all dish channels and OTA channels on a second TV.
Also if second TV is HD with HD tuner, then you will have OTA HD.
And it is just one cable run.

thanks for the idea, but the second tv is in another part of the house, so I cant run a long RF cable to it..

You can view the OTA tuner on TV2 if you start it recording on tv1, then use tv2 to view the recording as it records.

TV1 can still view programming from all three tuners (or pre recorded), it just can't change OTA channels without stopping the recording.

thanks for the idea, but the second tv is in another part of the house, so I cant run a long RF cable to it..

He was suggesting a way to do it all with a single line to that TV. IF you can't get one line there you won't be able to use it at all.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)